LED alternative to HID lighting? Thoughts?

Here are a few pics. hard to get camera to properly focus

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

beam pattern looks pretty good on the one pic. lot better then my xmas tree hid beam pattern. thanks for some pics.

just wondering after half a month how you still like these? thinking of ordering a pair.

Looks to be very bright as expected. LED is/will displace hid for sure over time and the prices will fall markedly.

I would like to see how long they last with the vibration of a bike since they need those cooling fans at back of bulb to make them work.

BB

Thanks for the beam shots!

I just got a H4 led replacement bulb for my KLR 650. H4 LED Headlight - ADVmonster

The beam pattern is good on low and OK on high, the light output is noticeable brighter that the stock H4. The real advantage for me, with this on the KLR is the power savings. The led only draws 20 watts on either low or high instead of the 55/60 the stock incandescent requires,, allowing other additional lighting without the need to modify the KLR's charging system.

My overall impression is that the retrofit LED's are noticeably brighter than stock but still are not close to the blazing light output of 50 watt HID or dedicated LED fixtures. I am sure as technology advances LED's will eventually eclipse HID's light output in retrofit applications...

Thanks for the beam shots!

I just got a H4 led replacement bulb for my KLR 650. H4 LED Headlight - ADVmonster

The beam pattern is good on low and OK on high, the light output is noticeable brighter that the stock H4. The real advantage for me, with this on the KLR is the power savings. The led only draws 20 watts on either low or high instead of the 55/60 the stock incandescent requires,, allowing other additional lighting without the need to modify the KLR's charging system.

My overall impression is that the retrofit LED's are noticeably brighter than stock but still are not close to the blazing light output of 50 watt HID or dedicated LED fixtures. I am sure as technology advances LED's will eventually eclipse HID's light output in retrofit applications...

glad someone else tried them! A thing of note, the link you posted is Cree XM-L2 Leds, the ones I purchased use MTG2 leds.

glad someone else tried them! A thing of note, the link you posted is Cree XM-L2 Leds, the ones I purchased use MTG2 leds.

Yes the one I have uses XM-L2 LED's. I installed it mainly to free up a few watts to run auxiliary LED lights on the KLR, similar to the Clearwater Darla lights I run on my Busa.

Back