LED alternative to HID lighting? Thoughts?

Jimingle10

Registered
I am heavily considering ordering the following...

New 70W 3200x2 LM 6000K H7 CREE MTG2 Chip Auto Car LED Head Light Lamp DRL Bulbs | eBay

Hard to find reviews since the product is so new. It uses two CREE MTG2 led's which they claim output 3200 lumen per bulb.

Normal 35w HID kits output around 2800 lumen per bulb

In theory it should be brighter? what really has me interested is the instant on of an LED bulb, rather than the warm-up of HID. Much better suited for high beam that way.

Anyone have any experience with these?

No experience but I have been looking at led for head lights too. I am going to be retro fitting a projector into my head light and go with 55w low beams. IM seriously contemplating putting a pair from Oracle or gtr lighting on my bike for the high beam. they are water poof and shock resistant.

Looks better then the led light I bought for car. That thing did nothing as a high beam.

It was just a 5w cree led. Wasnt supposed to really be a high beam. I just hated the yellow look of the factory high beams on low voltage as the day time running lights. Maybe 400 lumens if I remember correctly.

Well im sure it comes with 2... split price with guys guy near you and both upgrade hi beams

I wonder how the beam pattern will be? since the light source is from 2 points instead of a single point like HID or incandescent.

Good question. Hid doesn't have a pcb board in the middle though giving it a 360 degree output. I feel like they would be similar tho

Good question. Hid doesn't have a pcb board in the middle though giving it a 360 degree output. I feel like they would be similar tho

If you end up going this route, before and after pics of the beam pattern and a review would be helpful to other Busa owners.

I will likely do it. My bike currently has stock halogen so it wouldn't really be as fair of a comparison to an hid kit

I pulled the trigger. Just under $110 shipped DHL from china (5-7 days)

I will keep you all posted! Now if only I can get GIXERHP to install them haha

When they are here, call me, and well do the gauges at the same time!

installed today. Very very bright. I think for low-beam, an HID kit may still be the better bet. The halogen reflector doesn't put the light to the best use. not much of a cut-off i feel like I am blinding people. It is infact super damn bright and can see very well. Only took a short cruise tonight to try them. Install was no different than HID kit.

Pros: Instant on, Pure white, unbelievably bright

Cons: Beam angle leaves something to be desired. Other people likely hate me/blinding. Expensive.

Very useable though, I had no issues riding around back roads with no street lights. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

I promise pics soon. Aimed them down a bit, took a long ride on some pitch black roads. They work great! The illumination of reflective signs and paint on road is better than any of the HID kits ive tried. I still think you might be able to see a little bit further with HID but I am very happy with them. Very confident on the back roads and the Hi-beam is instant on which is the whole reason I wanted the kit.

Back