HID HELP

dbankhotbusa

Registered
I'm looking at doing the HID mod. I have an 04 Hayabusa.  What K type bulbs are used for the LOW / HIGH beam?  Plus I read on the forum that, the bikes that have their lights turn off on start-up benefits from having a switch/delay mod, my busa, the lights stays on when starting. So can I assume that,  I don't need a switch?. Also, I'm seeing several HID kits do they come w/the bulbs? Is anyone kit better then the other? What are you guy's using. I would like to purchase today, so I can install while I have my bike  down already  for maintenance. I appreciate the help
beerchug.gif

Bikes that turn off the headlight while cranking to start don't need any type of switch or delay timer.

Bikes that don't sometimes will cause the HID to cut off during cranking, which means you then have to turn the bike off and back on and start over. Some people have had problems and installed switches, some delay timers. It's a matter of personal opinion.

There are many kits out there, occasionally there are group buys on them here.

Most people only do the low beam, but if you have to buy a kit (2) and you don't have someone to split it with, you may as well get hi and low beam.

There are two basic routes I'd go with. Either Xenonking or BigGeorge (extremebusa.com). Both are comparable and relatively easy installs. Both can help you with color selection and bulb types.

There have been a million threads on HID here, so you'd find lots of reading on different things if you search for it.

Good luck.

Thanx guy's for the reply and pic's. I just ordered a kit from BUSAGEORGE. Hey, Rockadaous what is the K rating on those bulbs you have?

(dbankhotbusa @ Apr. 30 2007,19:31) Hey, one other thing! Do you have to install a time delay per kit? DEI 520 OR ONE WILL DO IT?
DEI 528T

You only need the delay or a switch on the low beam so long as that's the one you leave in the normally on position.  The high beam is by default off, unless you've switched it on for day use or something.

Under normal operating circumstances the low beam is the light that comes on.

I went with a 6k.  It's very close to what you see on cars with OEM HIDs.    The higher the K the more color you will see and generally less light output.  HOWEVER, light output is relative as even the dimest HID is 2-3 times brigther than OEM.

no delay for me. no problems other than the fuel gauge peg'n out when I turn the high beam on

Thebbbusa

Do you have a link or where I can get that part. I ordered a 4300/6000k You guy's make me want to change it to a 8k for my low beam.

(dbankhotbusa @ Apr. 30 2007,20:15) Thebbbusa

Do you have a link or where I can get that part. I ordered a 4300/6000k You guy's make me want to change it to a 8k for my low beam.
You say you ordered the 4300/6000 is that low/hi or hi/low? I would've suggested more color in the high beam than the low beam.

If you got the 4300 low beam, it will be crazy bright, and super white. A friend of mine has that one and it's noticibly brighter than my 6K. You may wish you had the 8K right now, but believe me you'll be more than happy with a slightly brighter light.

I don't really have a link for the DEI 528T but I did a quick search on Ebay.

Lot's on ebay. Click here.

Yes, I have the 4300 low beam & 6k high. I'll give it a try and see how it turns out. I also got the DEI relay, thanks for the link and your advice.

K number is the 'color' as in spectrum I believe. The higher the number the farther in the spectrum it is. It get's more blue then violet as the numbers get higher.

That is great, but, where are you guys nuying the lights from? I do not want to have to join a different forum just to buy lights off of someone that has bought them somewhere else. thanks.

Back