HID bulb burst!

spikyboo

Registered
My HID bulb went out (I can see the little wire inside the bulb is broken). While I was removing the light, I realised the ground cable of the delay timer kit was cut in two at the extremity, where it connect to the bike chassis, under a screw. So is my HID bulb broken because the ground cable was cut and it made a shortcut in the bulb? Can another part (the delay kit, the ballast, etc.) could have suffer a shortcut too?

Losing ground wouldn't cause a short. I think you had oils from your hands on the bulbs. They become a hot spot on the surface.

But what can make the delay timer ground wire snap in two, directly under the washer that was holding it? It's not a stress rupture, it's like it was cold snapped by a spark or something... what made me thought it was directly the reason the bulb broke...

But what can make the delay timer ground wire snap in two, directly under the washer that was holding it? It's not a stress rupture, it's like it was cold snapped by a spark or something... what made me thought it was directly the reason the bulb broke...

Do you have the HID circuit fused?

I think there's a fuse included in the delay timer kit... I have to check... I just called my seller and told him about the light. Il seems the light is not broken (if it was, the inner bulb would have been black... now it's just cloudy white). I will try to put back the newly skinned ground wire and connect my light to see if it works....

Checked all the connections.... wired the ground wire correctly.... the light came on.... everything back to normal finally.

Back