2006 Busa' High and Low Beam Bulb sizes?

s4play

Registered
I know many of you have done HID kits on the Hayabusa but I noticed only the high beam has a projector assembly.....

My plan is just to install a 6000k HID kit on the high beam portion so I can turn it on when extra light is needed but during normal driving just use my halogen low beam bulb.

Question: What size is the LOW BEAM and HIGH BEAM bulb sizes?

I have a special high output HID kit I want to try using which we've used with great success in our car projects.

thanks
rick

you CAN just put it on the high beam, but I would recommend just putting the HID on the low beam, that's what I did (6000K) and I rarely use my high beam anymore. Just makes sense to me, to be more easily seen during the day. Just my two cents.

omslaw - thanks for the sizing
smile.gif

Well my logic goes like this for daily driving, the halogen bulb is fine for DRL and won't waste power...

Also the high beam is a PROJECTOR lamp so will focus the HID light better for a sharper cut-off beam.

Whenever you start the motorcycle the low beam comes on and I want to have independent control of the HID Xenon bulb thus putting it in the high beam makes sense right?
smile.gif

thanks for the input,
rick

smile.gif

One thing to consider, is the HID takes a while to warm up. If it is on your High beam, you will not have instant bright light. Power usage is not more with hid from what I understand, the bulb will last longer and is cooler too. I have mine on Low beam.

FATE is right, the HID does take a couple seconds to warm up, and it does actually use less power, but since I've installed the HID on low beam, I rarely use the high beam anymore. And since I hooked up a switch for the HID, I wait until the bike is warmed up, and then cut it on.

FATE is right, the HID does take a couple seconds to warm up, and it does actually use less power, but since I've installed the HID on low beam, I rarely use the high beam anymore. And since I hooked up a switch for the HID, I wait until the bike is warmed up, and then cut it on.
Well the switch is a great idea but correct me if I'm wrong, on the Busa' you ONLY have a projector on the high beam? The low beam is just a halogen light assembly thus your HID light is scattering all over the place and not focused as nicely as if you put it through a projector.

At least this is the simple philosophy why so many import car owners do "RETROFITTING" of projector lenses in say a Prelude to get a more focused HID light cut-off vs. just blinding oncoming traffic (and more importantly getting ticketed by cops)

rick

Well the switch is a great idea but correct me if I'm wrong, on the Busa' you ONLY have a projector on the high beam? The low beam is just a halogen light assembly thus your HID light is scattering all over the place and not focused as nicely as if you put it through a projector.

At least this is the simple philosophy why so many import car owners do "RETROFITTING" of projector lenses in say a Prelude to get a more focused HID light cut-off vs. just blinding oncoming traffic (and more importantly getting ticketed by cops)

rick
pm me, i have before and after pics of low AND high beam.

if you were only going to put HID on ONE side, l'd have to say LOW beam. for 2 reasons
1: you can see better
2: you can BE seen better

i personally installed high and low beam HIDS. If i ever got a new bike, a HID system would be my first mod... i love them!

So you are wanting to run a Halogen during the day and an HID at night? This is not making much sense to me as HID's draw about half the voltage of a halogen bulb. What wattage is this HIGH OUTPUT HID kit you are talking of?

1BDAZM: Just stay tuned, I'll have pics posted up soon as my kit is arriving next week.

I use a high power kit that our shop runs for all european cars....it's 35 watts and comes in 6k and 8k colors.

We will only be installing the 9005 kit since the high beam has a projector lense assembly. The low beam with an HID kit will scatter the light and blind oncoming traffic is my guess.

In dark road situations I usually run just my high beam anyways but for riding in the daytime I prefer to have a halogen bulb.

rick

This is the project we did for our shop Prelude....

BEFORE = H7 halogen light (just like Busa')

IMG_0664.jpg

AFTER = s2000 projector installed so hid light is VERY FOCUSED)

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

All HIDs that I have done and that I have owned are all 35w. so I am not sure how that is gonna be a special high powered HID. I do know there are some "RACE" that the output is 70 watts.

My bike is fully taken apart right now so I will snap some pics and write a short DIY later today.

I'm not sure the HID output but this is what the mfr told me. Color is 8000k and I'm only doing the high beam for now and keeping a halogen bulb for low beam. I also took this opportunity to change out my blinkers for "sivlervisions" so they look clear when off.

The bike is well designed and easy to take apart once you know the bolts.

I'm waiting on my purple LED kit so can't put the bike together till that's wired up....

thanks
rick

Yes we did a "baby" test and the 8k on the high beam looks SWEEEET!

I'm keeping the halogen on the upper low beam section and pretty happy with it for now. UPS just delivered my Purple LED Cluter under glow kit with 50 LED's!
smile.gif

Will spend this weekend wiring the LED's and post all the pics when I finish....stay tuned fellas!
lurk.gif

rick

Back