Just installed the DDM HID high beam

JonnySkidmarks

Registered
Looks great!!!

Took me about an hour and a half to do out in the garage. I'm no electrical engineer but after some trial and error I finally had a low beam and a working high beam. My low beam is the halo/projector combo 8000k so after seeing how cheap the high beam was from DDM, the H9 35W 8000k, I grabbed it. I read a few people lost the use of their pass button after installing a high beam HID, but mine is still fully functional for some reason. Anyway looks awsome thanks for all the helpful threads out there guys!!

+1, put mine in the other day and am more than please with it, just waiting for the spacer for the low beam they forgot to send...:whistle:

Just did another DDMtuning Hids on a 09 CBR1000... Had to take the whole bike apart to make room for the ballast and resistors! About 5 hours!

pm replied:beerchug:
now that I look at this h7 spacer they ended up sending me the wrong one but as I said I trimmed it a lil and made it work.

h7 spacer.jpg

I'm needing a replacement bulb/ maybe ballast. I'll check DDM. changing headlights aren't as easy as they used to be....
Posted via Mobile Device

Question, I installed low beam HIDs on both my Busa and my CBR1100xx but I have been hesitant about using them for the high beam because of the warm up period for HIDs. Have you found this to be a problem when riding on a dark road at night or are you mostly interested in the actual look of the bike ?

My high beam from DDM takes a minute to warm up......

Doesn't that kind of defy the point ?

I have one of these that I've been considering fitting into the Busa, but I don't know if the lens will work correctly. I'd wire the lamp to the same circuit as the main beam, and the actuator to the high beam power.

hidhilowact.GIF

My hi beam starts right up and after only a few seconds is full on bright .
With both beams on just push starter button to 'flash to pass' .
It won't engage starter but will kill both lifts for as long as you hold it down .
Come up behind somebody and cut both off and on and THEY WILL SEE YOU !

My hi beam starts right up and after only a few seconds is full on bright .
With both beams on just push starter button to 'flash to pass' .
It won't engage starter but will kill both lifts for as long as you hold it down .
Come up behind somebody and cut both off and on and THEY WILL SEE YOU !

Do the lights take time to warm back up?

Anyone with Gen1 reversed the projector blocking plate? I heard bout it last year, that its supposed to prevent blinding oncoming traffic
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyone with Gen1 reversed the projector blocking plate? I heard bout it last year, that its supposed to prevent blinding oncoming traffic
Posted via Mobile Device

Does anyone know about this? I'd appreciate some info, please. :please::please::please:

The projector is the high beam, wouldn't courtesy dictate that you not have that on when approaching traffic anyway ? :whistle:

Still, I'm curious about what you are talking about.

Back