Gen 1 HID high beam

Spectre

Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks,

I'm tired of blinding people and spraying light everywhere so I'm upgrading my lights with some DDM Tuning Bi Xenon Retrofit Mini H1 Projectors V2 (2.5in).

The low beam seems very straight forward with my only needing to trim the factory plastic bezel attached to the inside of the clear lens cover so I'll have clearance for the projector bezel.

Unfortunately I can't find any pics of where people upgraded the high beam so I'm unsure of how to best mount my projector there. I've read where there was lots of grinding/cutting, but all the posts I've come across have dead images so I've no frame of reference.

I really was looking to have dual low and high beams, but if I can't find info I suppose I'll just stick a 3000k lamp in the high beam as a vanity light.

Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks all.

The high beam is a projector,,, no need to do anything
Just a bulb

But if the goal is to have bi-xenon then the you would need to remove that projector and replace with a bi-xenon one. Otherwise you'll just have single low beam and dual high beam.

True. It looks like I would need to fabricate a mount for my bi-xenon projector. I've a couple of these headlights so I am going to model some different things and see if I can come up with a good option.

How is this coming along? I have a Gen2 so its going to be different but i am looking to buy the DDM Bi-Xenon projectors myself. Hoping to get a suggestion on if worth it for them.

I actually haven't finished this little project because of some work deadlines. I've also snagged another headlight off of eBay so I can do a dual bi-xenon setup and it should be delivered later this week.

I did tinker around with some things though. After a lot of searching/reading in various HID forums I see that loads of people use Plasti Dip for their bezels, but I will probably go with a high temp since I'm not sure about the textured appearance.

The best bit of info I gleaned was to spray oven cleaner on the "chrome" and it will clean it off. I grabbed a can of Dollar General heavy duty oven cleaner and gave it a shot.

before.jpg

after.jpg

You DEFINITELY will want to do this outside and while wearing a dust mask with gloves. That stuff will take your breath like nobody's business. I had a paint tray liner that I was spraying onto and think things cleaned up well.

Back