DDM Tuning HID.

houstonbussa

Registered
I'm looking at the DDM kit and after reading some of the post, have some questions. Mind you I have a 2007.

1. 35w or 55w? Would perfer the 55w but don't want to melt nothing.

2. The low beam an H7 and the high beam 9005? Did I read that right. (searching for that answer is how I found this site, but didn't get a direct answer)

3. Does everyone get two single motorcycle kits (one for low and one for high)

4. Delays... Where to get them? how much are they? etc? I heard there's two type of delay.. A time delay and something else.. so just educate me here.

I plan on getting a 12k for the low beam as I wanted to light the bike up with purple lights and get a 5k for the high beam and use it for driving when it's really dark.

I know after which I shouldn't use my pass switch, but figure it'll be bright enough to see me coming way in advance, plus I always still have my horn. haha

Any feedback is great.. Personal experience, technical, whatever...

1. 35w or 55w? Would perfer the 55w but don't want to melt nothing.

2. The low beam an H7 and the high beam 9005? Did I read that right. (searching for that answer is how I found this site, but didn't get a direct answer)

3. Does everyone get two single motorcycle kits (one for low and one for high)

4. Delays... Where to get them? how much are they? etc? I heard there's two type of delay.. A time delay and something else.. so just educate me here.

1. 55W your stock bulbs are 55w and thats what i ordered. Its the popular opinion of what to get and what people have.

2. You are correct h7 for low and 9005 for high beam

3. Yes two single is what your motorcycle is wired for

4. Get a DEI 528T up to 30 or 60 seconds of delay i believe. You can find it on eBay for 15 bucks or less. I have a switch on mine but may go to a delay timer depending on how the switch works for me
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot.. Already ordered the delay.. About to hit check out on ddm. Worth the extra money for the life time warrenty.. SWEET.

Yep be aware a handfull of members on the oRg have complained of long shipping times for DDM. I just got emails on my order shipped today when i bought them on the 28th. I will regularly check the tracking number to see if it is actually on its way...

So just expect 2-3 weeks for them to come. If they come early be happy :cheerleader:

Well considering the shop I have my bike at has had my bike longer physically than I have over shipping a dang stater side gasket... I don't think waiting on a light is going to kill me.. I ordered a tire 3 days after the gasket and the tire is already mounted on the bike. Hell at this rate, I'll have the lights before I have the bike back.. hahaha

Yea.. I hadn't heard about shipping issues, but even my car groups seem to like them. So I was sold on them already.

I ordered four sets on the 15th. 3 H4's for a King Quad, and one H7 for my busa. Got the 3 within a week, which is extremely fast shipping. I'm in Kentucky. Just got the H7 today. DDM said they were on backorder.

As for what wattage?? The 35w bulb is about 3 times brighter than your stock headlight.

riding w/ your hi at night bad news.

and yead DDMs customer service sucks

12k is like purple and very poor light output

Last edited:
Well I went with the 55w. I know that the 12k is poor light (not much usable light but I'm usually in well lit streets) which is why I went 5k with the high. Really didn't want the yellow light. And why do you think that riding with your high beam at night is bad news. Most of my friends that ride do exaclty that and I have always done that too to be seen. I mean, it's kind of late now that I've ordered the parts so it is what it is, but please give me your feedback.

12k might get you to much unwanted attention. Not suppose to ride with a purple headlight,but really depends on your area and how the police are to such things.

Heres my idea. Dont get the 12k. Get purple halo lights and put your headlights on a switch so you can turn them off with the bike on for show :thumbsup:

Like this but in purple...
HYPER%20HALOS%201-2T.jpg
\

Heres the link for the site... $99 bucks :thumbsup:
http://www.sportbikelites.com/HYPER-LED-HALOS-p/hyper halos 1.htm

Well I went with the 55w. I know that the 12k is poor light (not much usable light but I'm usually in well lit streets) which is why I went 5k with the high. Really didn't want the yellow light. And why do you think that riding with your high beam at night is bad news. Most of my friends that ride do exaclty that and I have always done that too to be seen. I mean, it's kind of late now that I've ordered the parts so it is what it is, but please give me your feedback.

and i guess it's ok to ride hi's at night since your on a bike? what if all the cars did it......

plenty of people ride hi's during the daytime, but not at night

plus a purple low and and a white hi, should get both purple, at least you'll look "cool" and have very poor performing lights.

your going to be blinding people left and right

just plain lame.

btw, ask around on Motohouston.com Forums

Last edited:
Just NOT feeling the halos, but thanks for the showin.

And thanks for your feedback too racer_x.. it's how you feel and that's cool. Just agree to disagree.. As far as bliding people.. I and always aim the beam lowwer.. thusly not a high beam. But again.. thanks. After I try it, I may not like it and switch it up.. Who knows.

Hey had to try and give you an alternative! Purple in your low beam is a bad idea light the other people posted though. Try another alternative for the purple look man if you can

Well already ordered everything, so I'll try it when it gets here, if I don't like it, I'll change it.. I will also look in to other methods.

Back