HID Delay for low and high beam?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
I run high beams during the day, so often times I start my bike the next day and my high beams are on. Will I have problems if the delay is only connected to the low beam? Or should I get a delay for both high and low beams to be sure?

Hey Von....

Well here is my take. If you are riding with HID's you wont need the high beams in the day time or at night time. They are REALLY bright!

But that is a good question??? Maybe someone else can chime in?

No because the high beams are controlled by a on and off switch.

But if the high beam is on at startup, is it possible that it might not work and I may have to cycle them on and off? Just curious.

mrnyc01, thanks, I had not considered that. No more daytime high beams! :beerchug:

But if the high beam is on at startup, is it possible that it might not work and I may have to cycle them on and off? Just curious.

mrnyc01, thanks, I had not considered that. No more daytime high beams! :beerchug:

your high beams would only be on if you switched them on, what year is your bike.

your high beams would only be on if you switched them on, what year is your bike.

2008.... like I was saying above, I keep my highs on during the day, so I often start the bike with highs already on.

But from what mrnyc01 said, I won't need high beams anymore during the day. :) It's more a curiosity now.

2008.... like I was saying above, I keep my highs on during the day, so I often start the bike with highs already on.

But from what mrnyc01 said, I won't need high beams anymore during the day. :) It's more a curiosity now.

Yeah..you should be good to go. I got a little wiring issue with mine I think. I have post it here. You can learn from anything I MAY have done wrong. But usually I don't make mistakes:whistle: lol....

Anyway check my post here

Before
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138758&stc=1&d=1139840818
After
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138759&stc=1&d=1139840974

April 1 pictures 027.jpg

April 1 pictures 029.jpg

If you are concerned about the delay on start up...as I have a 08 as well, try a different approach to starting your bike. Before the bike is started, put it in neutral, depress the starter button and then turn the key on keeping the starter button depressed. The lights will not come on as this is part of the start up sequence of the bike. Now, you can start your bike by depressing the clutch lever. Your lights will not come on until you release the starter button. Bingo, bike running and no power surge before you start you bike by the lights.

I started doing this on my bike and it makes a difference. Give it a shot...

Back