Head lite options

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys, Tell me if my ideas are correct. I am wanting to have an HID on the high beams ( 4300K) and on the low beams leave it factory with an H7 bulb.. And on the low side have a time delay 8 seconds... This way if any unit were to go bad I should still have at least one light working. Any ideas? Xenonking for the HID? Thanks PR

i guess my first question would be why do you want a delay on the OEM low beam? i haven't heard that there is a big advantage to doing this...basically, you only need the delay if you are installing an HID bulb...since you are only wanting to change out the high beam, just make sure it is turned off before trying to start your bike

i am assuming you ride a lot at night out in the country since you are putting in a high beam...most people change out the low beam if they are only doing one, it sees a lot more use and other drivers are much more apt to see you coming toward them and not pull out/turn in front of you...i'm not trying to tell you what to do, i just want to make sure you are going to get the result you are looking for
beerchug.gif

OK I see your point.. I could put the delay on the low side and install the HID there too.. & yes I live in the country and work a lot of hours ,nite time is when I will be doing a lot of driving.... Thanks

I would go with a a low beam HID over the high beam. You won't even need the high beam once you install the low beam HID. I work at night also and cover nothing but country on the way to work. I have a 8K setup on both.

+1 I have HID low beam and can't even tell when the high beam is on anymore. I used to turn on the high beam alot to be able to see, now I don't use it at all. HID low beam  
ThumbsUp.gif

post_6_50136_CIMG2991__Small_tlr2.jpg

can anybody point me to some good deals on the HID kits available and where to buy... I have considered this in the past...just can't see well enough to be comfortable riding at night and the deer/animals are rough at night here in MS---as well as those that drive and can't seem to see us=== thanks in advance too, Chris

PocketRocket.... not trying to threadjack, just interested in this too man... I just ain't real comfortable riding at night with the stock setup--- it lacks big time

can anybody point me to some good deals on the HID kits available and where to buy... I have considered this in the past...just can't see well enough to be comfortable riding at night and the deer/animals are rough at night here in MS---as well as those that drive and can't seem to see us=== thanks in advance too, Chris

PocketRocket.... not trying to threadjack, just interested in this too man... I just ain't real comfortable riding at night with the stock setup--- it lacks big time
Xenonking is a site sponsor. Has an ongoing deal for org members. His ad is at the top of the firat page. Let him know you are a member. Most members will tell you HID is the best money they spent on their busa period. If I could only do one mod, HID would be it!

You only really need the delay if you bike is a K4 or older. K5 and up cuts power to the light when you start it anyway.

Don

Xenonking is a site sponsor. Has an ongoing deal for org members. His ad is at the top of the firat page. Let him know you are a member. Most members will tell you HID is the best money they spent on their busa period. If I could only do one mod, HID would be it!
I'm looking forward to my HID and that's where I'm goin'

I have mine on a switch with a relay. I have an 08, and like to be able to turn it on and off.

I put a delay on mine, just to give the bike a chance to get started before igniting the HID. Otherwise, the HID will ignite, then when you hit the starter the HID has to re-ignite since the ciruit is designed to cut out when the start button is pushed. So, now I have it set up for the headlight to come on approx 90 seconds after the start button was pushed. Give plenty of time to let the bike run while putting on the rest of the gear, if I want the headlight to come on any sooner all I need to do is hit the starter switch again without the clutch pulled in and that will trigger the time delay relay to drop out (start the HID)...

+1 on going with the low beam HID, you will not use the highbeam any more. I have HIDs in both, but if I had to do it again, I would just do the lowbeam. And XenonKing worked for me...

see i would do both cause i would love to have a crazy looking bulb in there like 12k or if im doing some serious night riding a 4k

Just wondering if anyone has been "hassled by the man" over HID lights. They are for off road use and as far as I know ,no motorcycles come stock with them. Just wondering, cause over here at the gap, the cops are looking for reasons to ticket people, but it's only for your protection
winkold.gif

So, now I have it set up for the headlight to come on approx 90 seconds after the start button was pushed. Give plenty of time to let the bike run while putting on the rest of the gear, if I want the headlight to come on any sooner all I need to do is hit the starter switch again without the clutch pulled in and that will trigger the time delay relay to drop out (start the HID)...
If I may ask, can you elaborate on how you set this up? I like the idea of having a longer delay for when I want the bike to warm up. I REALLY like the way you have it set up where you can hit the starter button to activate it immediately. If you can please explain more on how to set this up or if it's just a natural coincidence based on how it's normally wired then that would be great!

I am running a 6k on low beam and a 12K on my high beam.. I love my high beam its looks great.. both light up the road really well
DSC02987.jpg
DSC02988.jpg

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
Powers739 @ Mar. 10 2008 said:
1456843[/ATTACH] AM]
So, now I have it set up for the headlight to come on approx 90 seconds after the start button was pushed.  Give plenty of time to let the bike run while putting on the rest of the gear, if I want the headlight to come on any sooner all I need to do is hit the starter switch again without the clutch pulled in and that will trigger the time delay relay to drop out (start the HID)...
If I may ask, can you elaborate on how you set this up? I like the idea of having a longer delay for when I want the bike to warm up. I REALLY like the way you have it set up where you can hit the starter button to activate it immediately. If you can please explain more on how to set this up or if it's just a natural coincidence based on how it's normally wired then that would be great!
I just wired up the DEI time delay relay. It just happens to reset when you pulse the input again by pushing the starter button again, which momentarily drops the voltage to the unit reseting it and resulting in the contacts closing and off you go...

zzwhip.gif

Back