Quick HID?

K Wolf

Donating Member
Registered
I've recently bought a McCulloch HID kit for my low beam from XenonKing.  I've been searching through the many HID threads to gather info before I install my kit.  I've found much valuable info, and am probably going to do an install similar to Icemann's.  I found in one thread (I can't remember which one), someone mentioned plugging the kit's spade connectors into the original bulb's power source plug.  Is that a good way to power the HID kit?

Thanks in advance,
Karl

(K Wolf @ May 29 2007,23:15) I've recently bought a McCulloch HID kit for my low beam from XenonKing.  I've been searching through the many HID threads to gather info before I install my kit.  I've found much valuable info, and am probably going to do an install similar to Icemann's.  I found in one thread (I can't remember which one), someone mentioned plugging the kit's spade connectors into the original bulb's power source plug.  Is that a good way to power the HID kit?

Thanks in advance,
Karl
That is the way mine have been powered since August 05.  The HID pulls less power than the oem bulb.

Great choice of color on your bike btw

Thanks, Professor! Just the info. I needed.

I notice your excellent choice in color as well.
biggrin.gif

Karl

That is also how I just did my McCollough.

I also put a little bit of electrical tap on the metal that was showing on the spades after install. Seemed to be hanging out about a 1/4"...just being cautious... I did not want any room for a short.

The high beam had the correct plug adapter for it so I used that.

what website can i go on to buy this kit for my busa?
rock.gif
if possible can some one pm me the info please?
rock.gif
thanks a bunch!!! also can some one post up a link of a how to??? im planning to do this ASAp!!!!!!!!

rock.gif

Back