help with hid delay timer on 06

RMS2005

Registered
Ok I installed a ddm hid kit about a month ago and was gonna use the delay timer on it but the sticky wright up on it says to use spade connectors, the plugs on the ddm kit are lil bitty and there is no way to get any other connector in them so, can the wires on the hid kit be cut and wired into the delay timer or is that a bad idea? I hate experimenting with electronics. Been using the starter button as a cutout when starting but half the time I don't member to push the button before turning the key on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
If your confident in your ability to cut and wire the delay timer in you shouldnt have a problem. Its probably a realy simple job. Cut here, connect to both sides of delay timer then wire the delay timer to ground is probably all it is. Just spend 5 bucks at autozone to get some good wire connecters. Dont just twist the wires then electrical tape them together... Make it clean :thumbsup:

Im sure you would be able to do it fine! The write up here on the org should be a good guidance or the delay timer should instruct you on which wire you need to locate

ok what I was concerned about is the hid's using somekind of shielded wire or something that would cause a problem rewiring it. guess i should just try it as cheap as they are now.

Make sure you put that in the low voltage side, not from the ballast to the bulb.

Back