what to do with my highbeam?

ratedpg89

Registered
i did the hid low beam and its fantastic. the only down fall is that the high beam is sad looking now. would love to have a better high beam. does the hid work well in the high beam? has any one installed a higher watt bulb. of course i know that i would have to rewire and relay for that . any ideas guys? thanks a bunch you all make spending money sooooo easy!

Did the HID install too and noticed the high beam is a washed out yellow compared to the white of the low beam . Apparently a HID will not be effective on the high because it's a projector type lens.I also checked about a higher wattage normal bulb but it might melt the plastic lens cover . Maybe a different colour bulb might be an improvement . ?

I just adjusted my high beam up alot more than it was...lights up the street signs and parked car tail lights from a distance. I rarely use it...don't need it.

I just adjusted my high beam up alot more than it was...lights up the street signs and parked car tail lights from a distance. I rarely use it...don't need it.
+1 and you can install a sylvania silverstar.....it's only about 5 watts more....so there's little risk of heat. plus with the HID installed and adjusted....you'll almost never use the highbeam...except to flash people.

Icemann did some looking around and was able to find a yellow bulb to replace the highbeam for those that have done the HID mod. Check with him to see if he can get any more. They were only like $19 or something like that. Looks real good.

Just adjust your low beam lower.  The HID shoot in the same pattern as the hi beam and is blinding to on coming vehicles.

To separate and make good use of both your lo and hi beam adjust the low beam  to where its aiming just below the hi beam.

This can be done while sitting on your bike with both hi and lo beam lights on aiming at a wall while adjusting the low beam.

Click onto the below link !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123041524 -->

To get alil funky with the hi beam you can either contact Icemann about his Yellow Hi-beam bulb mod or just go to stickerpatch.com and purchase the yellow vinyl cover and modify it just to cover the exterior part of the hi beam.

Like I have done !

post-6-37909-dsc02185.jpg

super.gif

super.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123071176 -->

super.gif

Back