Looking to change my high/low beams, help?

Busa2010

Registered
A couple questions regarding changing the high/low beams. I have a '10 Hayabusa.
I bought a pair of H9/H7 Xenon High Performance bulbs as a replacement for the stock halogen bulbs, will I need anything extra in order to install them successfully?

I've heard something about needing a ballast, is this true?

Also, what are the easiest steps to changing both the high/lows?

What type of bulbs are these ? If they're halogen bulbs, simple replacement. If they're HIDs you'll need ballast and if you get the right kit it should be a simple plug and play. Typically you need to specify motorcycle. I've been running standard lamps in my '08 for 5 years.

Well in MY situation, I have a 2nd Gen Hayabusa, 2010.
The bulbs i'm buying (looking at buying) are these:
High Performance

I, honestly, have no idea if they're HID.
If they are, what extra steps need to be taken?

EDIT - it says that they are H.I.D alternatives... so I don't know if that means yay or nay.

They look like non-H.I.D so they should be direct replacement unless you get a wattage that is too high.

Given that they are rated in Watts it leads me to beloved they are halogen bulbs. Hide typically come in 35 and 55 Watts. What people look for in hid lights is the Kelvin rating 5000 k or so.

Just get the bulbs drop them in and enjoy. Also the light is set too low from the factory so it makes your low beam useless. If you adjust it it moves the high beam at the same time so it makes it good for bird watching. Some one here did a write up on cutting them apart and useing washers to re-aim the high beam with respect to the low beam. I haven gotten around to it yet.

Anybody try LEDs as a headlight replacement bulb?

LED's are the newest technoligy for headlights which are much brighter and whiter then HID's I wish I would have converted over to LED's rather then my retro projector kit.
Start a new thread on LED heaglights to keep this thread becoming a clusterfuk.....

NO you dont need a ballast.. Alternitive to HID is the key wording here... You will need to remove your insturment cluster and the lower black piece under your nose to make replacing the bulbs easier.

Back