What do you think of the competition?

What do you think of the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

• I've owned one in the past. Now I'm in the 'dark side' and wishing for it again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Gen 2 (08+) Suzuki Hayabusa?
I own one of each. When you can't decide...buy both! 0 0%
I respect its power/wave to the rider, but that thing's UGLY! 9 39.13%
I respect its power (etc), and its a good looker but it's not for me... 8 34.78%
I've owned one in the past. Now I'm in the 'dark side' ...and loving it. 1 4.35%
I've owned one in the past. Now I'm in the 'dark side' and wishing for it again. 0 0%
I'd rather be strapped down to watch the YUT UGGGHHH kid pour NOS down my gas tank than ride it. 2 8.70%
I'm waiting for the next generation of them, then I'll reevalute my buying options. 0 0%
I'm done with hyper bikes. Switching to super sport/liter/sport tourer/Harley/Cruiser. 1 4.35%
Other (please explain) 5 21.74%

THEY SAID THAT ABOUT OUR BIKES!!!!!!:11zpissed:

RUMBLE IN THE PARKING LOT....8 O'CLOCK!:boxing:

I wouldn't mind a 14 since I've owned only Busa's for the last 5 years and sometimes want something different. Not to mention that I actually fit better on the 14.

I need to pay of my 06'Busa first.....and become employed.

I've owned some Kawis in the past, and will never diss them. Anyone that's owned a Kawi sport bike knows what I'm talkin' about.

D
Depends which Kaw, tho... I had a '96 ZX-11 that while having a decent motor, had absolute dog s**t for brakes, a weak tranny (stripped the dogs off 3rd gear from a bent shift fork with less than 3k on the bike--and I didnt hammer the bike at all). It also weighed like an ocean liner, and handled like one.
I sold the bike after Kawasaki begrudgingly repaired the trans under warranty, telling me that they felt the bike was beat on... absolute BS--it was babied, if anything.
I know the new bikes have come a long way, but the bottom line is after the trans snafu, I lost trust in Kaws.
And I gotta go with the fuggly assessment... to me the 14 looks like a XXL Ninja 250.
Sincere apologies to anyone that owns one, but the question was asked...
:dunno:

Yea yea yea. Get off my case.

I have only ever had Sambusa and Aquaman ever mention that my polls are redone. ...and that was on the wheelie poll...and there were no wheelie polls, and the last wheelie thread before that was months earlier.

I go back and check before I make posts, man. July 7th 2008 is a pretty long time ago... (And the other ZX vs Hya threads don't discuss the topic like this one does, and they're not polls.)

Not sure how the hell forums would even exist if we're not aloud to discuss things that've already been discussed...but whatever. I'll be sure to scrutinize the **** out of things before I post up my next poll, so as it's not a rehash. Maybe "What's your favorite letter of the alphabet?" I don't think that one's been done... :firedevil:

Don't let the naysayers bother you. I like your polls and I have not seen every thread ever written on this site. I'm busy doing other stuff! Oh, and my favorite letter is "P" for Poppy!

I have been told that you can't rev the ZX-14 over 6500 in the first 3 gears, is this true?!? If so, I'll take my Busa any day!!:laugh:

DSC_1928.JPG

Last edited:
I have always loved the Busa. I would like to ride one but the looks don't really apeal to me.

I still own 2 kawi's but i really love the busa :bowdown: used to be all about wanting the zx-14 but after sitting on the busa and riding it I'm happy with my decision :beerchug: btw.. no offense to anyone who owns one...to each his own

Last edited:
When I went to the dealer I was looking for a K8. The local dealer does have Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki,and Suzuki. While I was there I did look at all the other offerings.
The look of the ZX14 just did not float my boat, nor anything else there. I gave it thought for another few days, decided the K8 was the one, and bought one.

one of my good friends rides his dads bike and its a zx14. its fast, but i dont care for the look of it at all. I would never choose one over a busa.

Back