what do you sleep on?

1127 TO 1299

Registered
Few weeks ago, wife and I bought this Simmons Beautyrest (individual coils with the highest movement separation index) mattress and paid lots for it. Since my previous cheap Beautyrest lasted for 9 years, I thought that by spending the money we would a very comfy matress that would relief my lower back pain.
It didn't make it worst but I tossed and turn every night. After 3 weeks, we went on vacation for 17 days and slept on assortment of matress and slept well. Came back from vacation and continued trying it and today I made the call. I am returning it. I had a 90 day trial period, no question asked.
Now I am looking at the tempur-pedic (NASA memory foam), also Bragade who claims to have the same density foam as Tempur. Anyone has any experience with them?
They pick up the mattress in 5 days and we will be sleeping on the air matress which is pretty comfy for 100 bucks.

Thanks

we had one of those memory foam matresses for a short while to soft for me like sleeping in a bean bag chair the newness wore of quick tossed it and got one of those sleep numbers air beds its awesome totally adjustable

her name is........ill just quit now
tounge.gif

We recently tried a softside waterbed~ Both of us having diff back problems, this was a good fit for us.... in the begining~ With the softside you get 10 indivudule tubes you fill to certain marks to get hard, firm, or soft type comfort~ So it was easy to setup her side of the bed how she likes and set my side to my desire~ It was going great.. until the snoring problem kicked in... her's.. not mine! Now she sleeps in the guest room on a firm regular mattress and I get the king softside waterbed all to myself~ I can almost sleep through a whole night now!
tounge.gif

Went from a waterbed for 9 years and back pains to a quality "Memory Foam" top mattress. They want to much money for the Tempur Pedic and you are only laying on the top anyways.

The mattress solved my back problems, but damn is that thing hot. Went from a heated bed with sheets and comforters to barely able to tolerate a sheet at night.

Thats my only experience.
sad.gif

I now have one of those cheaper version memory foam beds. It's okay. I still believe that foam or air provides the best dynamic support - conforms without compacting, not like springs. I STILL get some of the BEST SLEEP EVER when I'm on a $35 queensized inflatable mattress, and I swear, if I do not like this memory foam, I am getting a king air matress from Walmart and calling it good. I had a Simmons wrapped coil, firm, whatever for two years and it never impressed me. Big, heavy, not REALLY conforming. Your back needs support and most mattresses tend to SAG under your middle area weight creating a hammock-like effect - very bad on spine. I've done a lot of sleep research and believe I know enough to recognize stuff that is flexible yet supportive enough, and foam or air seem to fit the bill. They provide support yet dont cut circulation when you are on your side points like shoulder, hip, knee and ankle/feet. your head should be equal to spine also - no tilted higher or drooping lower.

I'm pretty spoiled though. I grew up on an air matress [it was my choice] and then moved strait to a king sized single piece foam slab matress, way back before they decided to charge $3000 for a piece of foam. That foam matress had more benefits than you could think of: lighter to move around and flip or switch rooms, quiet - no spring noise, no moving parts to rust or wear down, movement on one section NEVER bothered the other section, GREAT self adjusting support no matter how you law on it, you can sit on it and not sink in.

Anyhow, takes a couple months to get used to a new bed, so dont write it off in a couple days. Try to adjust to it before returning it, but DO return it if you hate it.

I've had this memory foam clone for less than 6 months and like I said it's ok. Not as amazing as I had first hoped. I think if I dont like this, I am going for the el-cheapo king sized air matress

i have this:
http://www.springair.com/www1/sleepfitness1.htm

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128554165 -->

thanks WWJD, exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for.

I laid in one of those foam matress in a Sleepy's store for 2-3 hours years back. Really I laid there with my wife undecided if we were to spend that kind of money on a matress. Boy we were comfortable. I had my arm under her and it just sank in the foam and she would feel it. We finally left the store and waited 3 years before buying the Simmons which we just returned.

We have never had a comfortable bed and the last mattress/box spring was pretty pricey. Pillow top mattress on both sides. We sold it when we moved and slept on one of those 18 inch thick air mattresses. We couldn't believe how comfortable the air mattress was. Now we have a solid bottom on our bed frame with the air mattress. Looks good and its dam comfy. No more stupid foam or spring mattresses for me.

Sleep on a home-made day bed. Couple of 2x4's bolted together to make a frame, some for the legs and a 3/4 in. thick piece of plywood covered with a rug-like material.

Can't sleep on my bed...got all parts and stuff all over it.

I have some type of Sealy's mattress and box springs... This thing is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on... i will pull the sheets off tomorrow and check it out for you... It is a king size and well worth it. The only problem is it is not flippable.

Just dumped the $2000 foam mattress after 2 years, I couldn't stand the lower back pain any longer. We bought a sleep number after trying to figure out for a year if we should spend the money again... We got on there mailing list at one of the stores and at the end of the model year they sent a flyer for closeouts, We bought a King 5000 for about half of retail. I LOVE THIS BED. I sleep with it maxed and my wife keeps her side like a marshmellow. My lower back pain is almost never noticeable anymore. We've had it since March... If somebody stole it I'd buy another one the next day...

had the tempurpedic memory deal , hated it - went with a sealy posturepedic - love it, I have trouble getting out of it in the morning.

I seems that it really depends on the person.
I sleep the best on the couch after playing the XBOX late at night.
I wake up in the same position with the controller in my hands.
tounge.gif

It's not as obvious as bying a bike where everyone knows the busa is the best
wink.gif

I use the .. Sealy® if .. the pains ..not to bad or ..otherwise find me on the floor ..with the "cat" ..:(

I can never get to sleep til 3 or 4 in the morning so I usually just watch t.v. til I fall asleep on the couch. I've tried everything, but I just don't have the patience to lay in bed for hours trying to get to sleep.

Back