What Do You Do With Your Jackets?

Jaddie

Registered
Dear Friends

What do you do with your jackets when you park your 'Busas in public?

I'm about to run to the mall to get my wife a card and present for our seventeenth anniversary, and I figure I'll just leave my new Joe Rocket jacket draped over the tank and bars when I park.

Maybe this is okay if I'm going to be in the mall for less than an hour.

Maybe if the jacket and bike are still there and haven't been harmed, I'll have greater faith in my fellow man. Or maybe I'll come out to find my 'Busa, jacket, and Shoei helmet all gone.

Sometimes it feels as though I'm going against the grain when trying to be a motorcyclist. We're having fantastic weather in north Georgia today, and I don't believe I want to take the cage to run my errands.

--Jaddie

I take my jacket with me and fasten my helmet on the helmet hook in the hump. Over all people are good, but there are the few that ruin it.

I never leave my stuff on the bike unless i'm at a rally where i'm close . At the mall I would'nt even lock my helmet as someone would still steal it.

Wear it...

P1020850.JPG

I dont know bro, I always lock my helmet on the bike and wear my jacket to where ever I am going. It sucks sometimes, especially when it is hot. I have thought about locking the loop at the collar in a helmet lock, but it would still be easy to get. I would be interested in knowing what others do as well.

I also never go anywhere that ill be in for more than a 15 minutes. Im paranoid and i feel like if i spend more time there, someone is stealing my bike. Even though i always park by the front door..

I wear it... Until I get where we are going. Spent too much to leave it laying anywhere.

I usually park where there is a lot of foot traffic or where I can keep an eye on it. We went to a movie one time and I just didn't enjoy it at all, wondering if my bike was okay out there.

In any case, I lock the helmet to the bike, put the gloves and chatterbox under the hump, set the alarm. Then I wear the jacket or carry it and carry the tank bag.

I think for the most part, people are good-hearted but as someone else above said, there are always a couple of people out there who will eff it up for the rest of them.

--Wag--

i rarely leave my helmet locked to the bike and never leave my jacket...i bought an Icon Urban Tank Bag that doubles as a backpack and has a carrier for your helmet...it works great for running errands to the mall or for short trips that will only last a couple days
beerchug.gif

linky

We worry about these inconveniences, but it's a part of riding. Ya just have to deal with it like everything else.

--Wag--

I wear it to where ever I'm going... I keep the helmet on, full leathers, and boots, sometimes I take my gloves off though...

All joking aside, I take my stuff with me. It's bad enough leaving the bike in the mall parking lot. Besides the bike is made to be ridden, not for running errands... n

Back