What Do You Do With Your Jackets?

I lock the helmet, gloves & glasses in the trunk, and wear the jacket, except at walmart... I take my helmet with me... a few years ago a friend and I went to walmart and I took my helmet in with me 'cause I didn't want it to get hot in the sun, he made fun of me for carrying it in as he locked his to his bike. he had a nice shoei. we were only in for about 30 min, daylight mind you, we got back to the bikes. as soon as he put on his helmet, he flung it off. SOMEONE PEED IN IT!! no joking, this happened for real. I didn't believe him till he made me smell it, and yes, it was pee

I wear it...  Until I get where we are going.  Spent too much to leave it laying anywhere.
same here-(well, i didnt spend tha $$) if i get off the bike, my Carbon HJC n my ICON jackets go with me wherever, whenever. I presume everybody out here is tryn to get my **** man...but hey, I live in Milwaukee, the land of "watch yo' sh*t, or it'll disappear"
bluegrab.gif

Never leave anything on the bike. Not even your skid lid. People can and will come along and cut the strap on your lid and walk off with it.

take it with you or you will have the same faith in your fellow man I do. My faith says that you set your self up to be a victim YOU will become one! For 25 years I have been dealing with victims and the people that make victims sorry to say. These people keep me employed and if you leave your jacket on you bike you will be dealing with someone like me. And kicking your self of being DUMB!

Always wear it or carry it even in the heat. It would just sweeten the pot for a would be thief or a lookout scoping for riders just arriving at the mall. They see you arrive on the nice bike, leaving the jacket and call their boys waiting in the lot with the white cargo van.

i rarely leave my helmet locked to the bike and never leave my jacket...i bought an Icon Urban Tank Bag that doubles as a backpack and has a carrier for your helmet...it works great for running errands to the mall or for short trips that will only last a couple days
beerchug.gif

linky
Nice bag
ThumbsUp.gif

I also lock my helment on my bike and bring my jacket with me. One way you can look at it, its a conversation stater
laugh.gif
. Chicks dig guys in jackets
super.gif

Left my X11 on my bikes once. Came back someone had tried ot take it, medded up the helmet holder and scrached the snot out of my helmet. I carry anyhting i cant put in a locked compartment. When I am on one of my crusiers I wear a half helmet so they fit in the saddle bags pretty easy, as well as jacket or what ever else i need ot take off. If there is no where ot put it, it goes with me. I usualy try to stuff my jackey into my helmet as much as i can tho. I have a big head so I can get a lot of jacket in there lol

I have hooked my jacket to the helmet hook, by the loop in the collar then just lay it over the hump, but that was at a rally. I wouldn't do that at a mall.

I won't go to a mall on two wheels, it is a hang out for thieves and perverts.
Unless you need to buy new gear and don't care, take it with you. Hopefully your ride will be there when you return.
Security is a joke.
Your wives and daughters are not safe at some malls. Women should not go alone.
We have a cold case from 1978 was in the paper last week. A wife and mother was kidnapped and murdered, found her and the car in another state. Killer still at large or locked up, hopefully dead.
No closure for her husband, children, family and friends.

I always take my jacket with me. Helmet? I use to lock the "D" rings onto the helmet lock. Until one day I came out and someome had cut the strap and took the helmet.
guns.gif
guns.gif
eatme.gif
Now, I carry a small cable lock and run the cable thru the chin bar and around the grad handle on the bike. PIA-but works!

guns.gif

I won't leave my helmet or jacket for some knucklehead to mess with or try to steal. No matter how much of a hassle it is to tote around I work too hard for my things to let someone take them.

Why would you want to make yourself a target for some lowlife theif?

guns.gif

I usally lock the helmet on the hook and take the jacket with me (wearing or carrying). +1 about the Malls/Movies...too uncomfortable and eerie feeling.. even when parked in the marked bike areas. those Utube videos of how easy it is to shove a bike in a panel-van got to me
guns.gif

Malls are for cars, take your gear with you all the time. Malls are for bike thieves. I used to know some bike thieves. Always lock your bike to a pole or risk it being carried away in a van. San Diego and Hawaii are bike theft capitals. These guy follow you home even and strike at night.

I usually wear the jacket, if it is not too hot, since it is leather, but if you carry a Master lock in your pocket, why not lock the helmet to the brake caliper with it and kill two birds with one stone.( or if you catch someone, with a Smith & Wesson)LOL
guns.gif
guns.gif

Seriously, I have State Farm Insurance,$324 full coverage/year, and they cover my stuff, so even if some low life does take it, which hasn't happened yet,( I have ridden with the Harley crowd for 30 years) it will be replaced.
thumb_up.gif

guns.gif

Dear Friends

I appreciate your comments.

I locked my helmet to the bike and left my jacket draped over the seat. I was in the mall for nineteen minutes. When I came out, everything was still there.

But I don't believe I'll do this again, at least not at a mall. I was uncomfortable the whole time I was away from my bike.

--Jaddie

Back