What Do You Do With Your Jackets?

Dear Jaddie,

I wear my jacket and carry my helmet.. It gives you great peace of mind and the chicks dig it brutha !!!...
cool.gif

I lock the helmet, gloves & glasses in the trunk, and wear the jacket, except at walmart... I take my helmet with me... a few years ago a friend and I went to walmart and I took my helmet in with me 'cause I didn't want it to get hot in the sun, he made fun of me for carrying it in as he locked his to his bike. he had a nice shoei. we were only in for about 30 min, daylight mind you, we got back to the bikes. as soon as he put on his helmet, he flung it off. SOMEONE PEED IN IT!! no joking, this happened for real. I didn't believe him till he made me smell it, and yes, it was pee
I get made fun of all the time about not leaving my helmet for this very reason...never heard of it happening, but now I'm gonna be even more paranoid....
SHOCKED.gif

I lock the helmet, gloves & glasses in the trunk, and wear the jacket, except at walmart... I take my helmet with me... a few years ago a friend and I went to walmart and I took my helmet in with me 'cause I didn't want it to get hot in the sun, he made fun of me for carrying it in as he locked his to his bike. he had a nice shoei. we were only in for about 30 min, daylight mind you, we got back to the bikes. as soon as he put on his helmet, he flung it off. SOMEONE PEED IN IT!! no joking, this happened for real. I didn't believe him till he made me smell it, and yes, it was pee
Someone should die for that one!

I always carry it with me. Wear the jacket and lug the helmet around. Sure it's a pain finding somewhere to put it during class or at work, but hey it's cheap peace of mind.

Being in the military for several years now, I've learned one valuable lesson that translates to the masses. Locks and chains and the like only keep the honest people honest. I will always carry my helmet and jacket with me. I refuse to leave anything behind to make an already desirable bike more so. There is ALWAYS someone looking for an easy score in my opinion and I'd rather them have to fight me for it then simply grab and go.

We cary our stuff also !!
Thought about getting a good cable lock and securing both bikes together...the video of mini van dudes scare me too !!!

Take everything with you...  People always want to look at bikes.  Leaving something behind just gives them a free souvenir.  If you want to give out free gear I will give you my mailing address.

Best option for a helmet is to move to a state that does not require them (SC or TX).  Problem solved.

I wouldn't take my bike to the mall, bad move.
guns.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
woodwheel @ Mar. 23 2008 said:
1345750[/ATTACH] PM]
Take everything with you... People always want to look at bikes. Leaving something behind just gives them a free souvenir. If you want to give out free gear I will give you my mailing address.

Best option for a helmet is to move to a state that does not require them (SC or TX). Problem solved.

I wouldn't take my bike to the mall, bad move.
guns.gif
That wouldn't help. I wouldn't think of riding either of my bikes without a helmet.

A little story I heard the other day.

A certain pro hockey player got his bike and helmet stolen a while back. While he was at a "friends" home, he saw his helmet in the garage.

Long story short.

He got most of the bike back and the "thief" "offered"
spank.gif
laugh.gif
to buy all the new parts to rebuild his bike.
laugh.gif

I know, sounds like a fairy tale, but it was supposed to really happen.
ThumbsUp.gif

(If life was only so simple)

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

laugh.gif

A few years ago, I was on a road-trip. I pulled off the interstate to use the public restroom. Came back, my helmet was gone.

There I was, out in the middle of nowhere, stranded (CA helmet law). Talk about scr#wed.

Take everything with you.

A regular riding friend and I went to a local motorcycle shop. When we came out, his spools for the rear-stand were gone.

It's a hard lesson, but hopefully my experiences can save you both cash and grief.

I use to leave my helmet just by the bike when I would go places. This was when I had my old Suzuki GT380 Cafe, which lacked a lock. One day I came out from my church and it was gone. Do not trust people, thieves are all over the place.

Back