What do you consider a "long ride?"

For me leave Ohio at 5am get to Fla at 8pm.. long ride...Ohio to Tx = 16hrs...way to long of a ride

The most I have done was 500 in a day two up. That wasnt bad but hurt a little more then usual not sure why. Seems every time I ride a couple hrs with her its more painful than by myself

I was thinking about 15 mins, but the wife would prolly argue that would never happen!

It all depends on perspective. In July I went to California! The third day of the ride we went from St. Louis to Denver (970 miles) in one day and the fourth day from Denver to Reno Nevada in one day (1038 miles). In all about 7000 miles in three weeks. My perspective has changed a lot from that one trip!!! And my arse is a little flatter!!!! :poke:

500 miles is the start for a long ride for me, not real long, but a full day (as in 8 to 12 hours) of riding . Anything less is just a stroll or a short trip :beerchug:

1500 miles on a weekend ride was fairly long. We left wichita, ks and coverd a lot of arkansas down to texarcana area and back. (all back roads and hills) so I would say 500-750 is a good day. Anything more than 800 gets tiring.

Back