What do you guys think?

Sunday morning, I went for a 300 mile ride. At around 5:00am on the beltway, there's a tractor trailer in front of me. Ok, time to pass it. Checked my mirror as I always do, I see nothing, so I went. As I was in the middle of passing it, here comes 3 sportbikes doing probably 150+ miles an hour. They were all over the place. Mind you guys, it was still dark. Two guys passed on the right side of us. But this last guy, passed inches away from me. You know, shared my lane. I NEVER saw it coming and believe me, I'm that type of rider who always check behind me all the time even when I'm not going to pass anything. I was so upset, I almost pulled over right there and dialed 911. I was just cruising enjoying my morning. Don't you guys think that's just wrong? What if there's a debris that I had to go around it at the moment he passed me? That guy could have killed or seriously injured me. What do you guys think of that? That's the first time it happened to me. I'm also that type of rider that rides for pleasure. As you all know, I have a family to come home to. That's the number one reason why I always do my best to be safe out there. But what that guy did is just not right. Don't you guys think?
That would seriously piss me off.

There is nothing worse than riders disrespecting each other. Showing off and acting like morons with no regard for anyone. I HATE those people. HATE HATE HATE.

Had a guy with his girl on the back (both in t shirts and no lids I might add) come up on me at at least 130 as I was getting ready to pass on the right, I couldn't figure out where he came from he wasn't there when I looked back but definetly a oh shizzle!!!!! moment.

It's been said and I can't agree more, if you are going to play do it in a way that doesn't put others safety at risk. As for someone wanting to share my lane, that really hits a nerve with me as I often use much of the lane to avoid things in the road, seams, holes etc. I shouldn't have to look in my mirror before making an adjustment to what part of MY lane I'm going to ride in. My cure for that, I make note of the rider and the plate if I can and look them up and have a little talk with them later. I also agree not worth running them down just to address it, that only puts me at their level.
yea but there seems to be some appeal to clipping a front wheel with ones rear tire.... Trying to chase them down would however require you ride like a total fool yourself.... I keep thinking it is time to ride with an HD video running all the time...

Yeah i think that would be a little nerve rattling, i would just let it go though, they'll end up on the six o-clock news as a grease spot...

Yeah i think that would be a little nerve rattling, i would just let it go though, they'll end up on the six o-clock news as a grease spot...
Problem is they could make you a grease spot too. I had it happen to me with a guy on gixxer 1000 with his flip flop tank top no helmet wearing girlfriend.
pisses me off.

wasnt there just a thread where a kid (drunk) with a girl on the back slammed into a cruiser doing the same stupip thing? girl lost her leg? f'n stupid,they desrve to get beat down...me,i would have never seen them,I dont have mirrors (i know thats my fault) but thats my perogative,i feel im a pretty safe rider and im always looking out for the azzhole that you know is out there,if I can make it to work and home without atleast 1 near death experience,its a good day...doesnt happen too often though
firedevil.gif

Last time that Happened to Me......After I Chased them Down Back in 89 When I had Nothing TOO LOSE !!!  

I got Away with a MISDEMEANOR..............
rock.gif

I've been lucky, never had that happen. But then again, I don't ride on a 4+ lane much if at all. Did get a reminder to look in my mirror before passing on a 2 lane one morning. Started to pull out to pass a truck when a BMW (car) came screaming by about a foot from my bar end. I wrote that off as my fault and now I look before I leap.
whistling.gif

If there are riders like that, I think they will do it to you no matter where you are. I always look all around me constantly, too. That's one thing I always do no matter what I drive. I tell my wife that too. Always keep your eyes moving because you'll never know.

There are unwrriten rules folks should abid by, however many never think about it until they are laying in the hospital bed. You never pass another rider at that speed in the same lane. Its just rude and puts that other rider in danger. Also if you are speeding in a group, everyone needs to pass traffic on the same side. Its common sense. Folks are going to move away from the first bike, and righ into the other bike.

Before lane changing, look first. It might save you.

I was in the middle lane doing 70 mph and out of nowhere an HD custom stretched out chopper thingy blew by me in the same lane. First thought was to catch him and give him a dose of actright. SOB.

Had a similar thing happen to me--on an Interstate, in the middle of the afternoon, in the lane next to me.  Still scared the h*ll out of me ....

I never share a lane with another biker when passing someone, even if its at 30 mph. I don't want any stranger passing me in my lane. I would have to put the bike, rider, helmet color etc in the "to be remembered file" and one day when I find him educate him on what he did wrong to me.

Back