Food, what do you consume while at work?

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
So one of the girls that work for me has been complaining about getting a little heavier and wanting to start a diet. Sow Myself and the other girl that works for me started watching what she eats and holy crap...

Ok, I am 38 this year and currently weigh 186 lbs down from 244 a little over 2 years ago. I changed my diet to get this loss done and am getting closer to my goal of 175. I normally eat a protien bar for breakfast, lite snack or meal for lunch and a decent dinner plus a few small coffees (now black with sugar instead of extra extra) and lots of water.

Today I got up at 6am, had a 10 oz coffee and a 28gram protein bar for breakfast on my way to work, between then and noon I had 2 half liter waters and a 20 oz latte from Starbucks, I had a handfull of cheddar goldfish for lunch and 3 more bottles of water...

Girl "C" (not on a diet) is 18, 105 lbs and a vegetarian, she got up at 7am had a 20 oz. coffee, half a brownie, a handfull of goldfish, half of one of my protien bars and a 20 oz. skinny latte from Starbucks, all this before lunch... She is also a very heavy drinker and does lots of party drugs. Not at work!!!

Girl "M" (I need to lose weight) is 22, 145 lbs and eats anything and everything. She got up at 6am, had a banana and a glass of milk, she ate a whole brownie, a 100 calorie pack of cookies, a large cup of goldfish, a southwest turkey and pepperjack sandwich form Starbucks (like 6 inch size) a 24 oz. iced green tea with lemonade syrup and two tacos with about a cup of sour cream and a pile of rice, this was before noon...

Girl "C" is way to skinny but is cut and muscular, girl "M" is healthy looking (not fat and all but has curves) but says she has added 20lbs over the winter. I am still losing weight...

What do all of you people eat in the course of a day???

Dave

pissed.gif
oh don't get me started on this. When I am working I eat the EXACT same thing every gosh darned day.

(now when I am off i usually eat less because I usually skip lunch or turn it into a late lunch/ early dinner... but then I snack more too)

Breakfast: 1/2 banana, 1 cup of honey nut cheerios, 1/2 cup of skim milk
snack: string cheese and the other half of the banana
lunch: lean cuisine and one stick of celery (gotta fit veggies in some way)and a bottle of water
dinner: lean cuisine (if DocDrop doesn't talk me into going out and eating) and water

and guess what..... NO WEIGHT LOSS!! I'm considering asking my Dr. to wire my jaw shut and start using those "party drugs" again.
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

I should have mentioned that I run a Restaurant Supply warehouse store and we are all on our feet all day long and there is plenty of activity going on. We turn between 100 and 200 customers a day and help load and carry crap all day long, last week I sold over 17,000 lbs of flour in 50# bags and every single one of them was hand loaded into somebodys car, van or truck, I have another guy my age that works for me also. So between the four of us we get a decent workout, I ride a desk more than the other 3 but I am responsible for every aspect of what happens in my store and have to answer to corporate...

I should have mentioned that I run a Restaurant Supply warehouse store and we are all on our feet all day long and there is plenty of activity going on.  We turn between 100 and 200 customers a day and help load and carry crap all day long, last week I sold over 17,000 lbs of flour in 50# bags and every single one of them was hand loaded into somebodys car, van or truck, I have another guy my age that works for me also.  So between the four of us we get a decent workout, I ride a desk more than the other 3 but I am responsible for every aspect of what happens in my store and have to answer to corporate...
I do sometimes wish I had a more PHYSICAL job... besides breaking up the occasional fight in the hall. Something to sweat (but still gives me 3 months off in the summer
laugh.gif
)

I make myself stand up all day until lunch. Then after lunch I teach one more period and then get ona bus and drive it for 2 hours. Then come home and try to make myself get on the treadmill.

Usualy for breakfast its a glass of OJ and maybe some food.

I snack around 2 hours after getting to work and most of the time it is crackers or soemthing of the sort.

Lunch is what ever Jess made for me.

Then dinner is usualy some chicken or fish and veggies.

I drink one soda a day, got ot have my Cherry Coke lol..

my eating shcedule is messe up tho. my breakfast is at 5pm. lunch at 2am and dinner at 8am

I am not tryin to upset anyone however.....when I am at work, it is usually chips, beef jerky,and a soda. Then a few times a week thick, juicy, mouthwatering , cheese burgers, large fry of course with tons of ketchup. I am not measuring, counting, or reading nutritional value. If it taste good, I am gonna eat it!  
drools.gif

I am not tryin to upset anyone however.....when I am at work, it is usually chips, beef jerky,and a soda. Then a few times a week thick, juicy, mouthwatering , cheese burgers, large fry of course with tons of ketchup. I am not measuring, counting, or reading nutritional value. If it taste good, I am gonna eat it!  
drools.gif
corner2.png

laugh.gif
you are just plain lucky.

drools.gif
guns.gif
bleah I hate you! I just think about a donut... ah sh1t, see I just gained 2 lbs.
tounge.gif

me I am trying to loose 10 lb. but I LOVE food too much. I am trying hard but just holding steady. I put about 15 lb. on in the last year since my work went more to admin. dutys than labor dutys. and I stopped running everyday. but im changing that all now.

I eat dif. all the time I just keep it to complex carbs. and lean protein.

I swear i eat a small breakfast, maybe a cinnamon roll or a ciggarette and a energy drink and i weigh 240. I eat nothing for lunch and i come home so starved i cant concentrate. I ususlly eat a reasonable dinner of 800 callories.

Problem is i drink beer like a goldfish drinks water. Then i need snacks before i pass out for the night.

Right now, I have been on an Isagenics plan. Have lost 7 lbs of my 195 I started at. I will be happy when I get to 180. Isalean shake in the morning, sensible 400-600 calorie lunch, shake at night. Fruit snacks in between. I havn't had coffe for almost a week and cut out drinking too. It's working for me.
beerchug.gif

I used to get a package of ring-ding's and a yoo-hoo every morning on the way to work.Now I'ts an apple,bannana and two maple and brown sugar oatmeal packets in the morning.Lunch would be something fried or otherwise not too good for me. Now I get something light usually on wheat bread for lunch.And a burger and fries with 2-6 beers for dinner.We have been eating better dinner's too.It is hard not to go out for dinner all time and eat wing's and all that stuff but we are killing ourself's.I was 200lbs. now I'am 190 just eating different. The beer during the week had to stop,I hope to start ridin the busa soon so when we go out in the summer everywhere we go I can't have a beer.

I'm a freak. I'm allergic to sugar and grains. So my options are limited.

Breakfast - Large coffee with Splenda and 1/2 and 1/2 every morning. Then either:
1. Sausage Egg and Cheese
or
2. Protein shake

Lunch - Usually with iced tea with Splenda
1. Subway Salad
or
2. Peanut Chicken from the chinese place
or
3. Chipotle Salad
or
4. Chicken Wings (unbreaded)

Dinner - Usually with Water or Sugar Free Koolaid
1. Chicken or Beef or Pork (Usually grilled)
and
2. Broccoli, Zucchini, Brussel Sprouts, Asparagus, Cabbage or red potatoes.

Dessert - (not every day)
1. Sugar Free ice cream
or
2. Sugar Free jello
or
3. Plain pork rinds sprinkled with cinnamin and splenda

In the past 3 years I've lost 60 pounds. And I have about 30 to go. Slow and steady wins the race. (Unless we're talking motorcycles  
thumb_up.gif
)

Im just fat and happy. 6 foot 2 and 245.

Morring: Monster or Rockstar Energy drink and a Burrito of the breakfast nature

Lunch: Somehting Fast because Im normaly runnin like a madmad. Wendys, MC d`s or maybe a sit down meal with Ice tea.

No snacks during the day, just no time for them. Lots of water and maybe another soda.

Dinner is decent, Meat, veggies, water. no desert. Then bed by midnight

I would like to loose a couple of pounds but just dont have the mind set for it yet.

I guess Ill be stuck with fat and happy for a while.

Josh

I'm 6'3, 205 lbs, and 23 years old.. and hypoglycemic and lactose intollerant (but not too horrible about it).

Morning: Protein shake

Lunch: Grilled cheese, some kind of meet, and vegetables

Snack: Power bar

Dinner: Full meal (some type of meat, two vegetables, roll with butter)

Every Sunday: Apple or Peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream (bad day for my roommate).

...This is my iraq diet.. back in the states.. cigarettes and beer 3 times a day!

I use the PoPo diet.
Breakfast- Donuts
Lunch- Donuts
Dinner- Donuts

For snack? Munchkins
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Actually for being on the road I rarely eat fast food. I bring my own.
Working a 8x4
Possibly a bagel. Snack is baby carrots. Lunch is usually a Turkey sandwich on whole wheat, and dinner is whatever is cooked by the wife.
Working a 4x12
Usually no breakfast
Lunch is either a salad or whatever was cooked for dinner for kids night prior(if my son left any)
Snack is carrots
Dinner is a sandwich either Ham&Swiss or Turkey.
Working 12x8
No breakfast
Maybe a salad for lunch (usually not hungry)
Whatever dinner is, but usually too out of it to eat much. During tour I indulge in a chocolate chip cookie and cup of tea!
woot.gif

Working "the wheel" takes its toll. It really kills any workout routine consistency. It basically sux.

Eh. not going to look at all the responses.

I am currently at work (on break
smile.gif
)

As I started to read this I was eating a banana.

I have 5 apples in my fridge.

My freezer has 5 healthy choice meals I sometimes eat for lunch.

My drawer has honey roasted peanuts in case I get a craving between meals, I pop a few down.

I have 5 cans of Tuna in my cabinet
I also have a box of 100 calorie kettle korn in my cabinet

I have a water cooler in my office and usually drink water

If I have a craving for something other than water I get a bottle of water and dump in a suger free grape or fruit punch packet. 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 trans fat, 0 carbs, 0 everthing.

You only asked for what we consume at work.

Everyone else posted stuff they eat through out the day as well.

for me, outside of work I pretty much consume oatmeal, protien shakes, creatine. Complex carbs before my workout and simple carbs immediatley after my workout in conjuction with protien before, during and after workout

6'4" 260 here... Been slacking at the gym due to other projekts requiring manual labor. Overall, I am at a comfortable weight.

I usually have whatever the DFAC has on offer for my first meal which is around 1700. That means that I try to get something like a lean meat but usually end up with cholesterol laden ribs or something else processed a bit too much for my liking. Add the vegetbale of the day and some beans if they have them.
Today is was Jambalaya and Dirty Rice with steamed veggies and succotash with a Diet Coke.

Second meal is around 2300 and consists of Sandwiches mostly. Turkey, Ham and Swiss cheese with lettuce, tomato and onion topped with mustard and mayo. Sometimes I'll splurge and have some Chili fries with cheddar cheese. Been trying to migrate to oatmeal instead of sandwiches for the late night meal to cut down the calories.

Lots of times I'll have the chicken wings off the side buffet during the day when they are available.

Between the first and second meal is a Single Cafe Mocha from "Green Beans" and maybe some cornuts or doritos. Later I'll have a St. Pauli NA since we are under GO#1. Then I am off and go to sleep as everyone is getting up.

Back