What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

Did a thorough cleaning after my thousand miler last week and uncovered the Busa for a lil ride mañana. Supposed to only be 91…only.
304E3B21-A02E-408B-B9C6-BE7B6484575E.jpeg
441FE111-842B-4B9B-A7D5-3F945E63E497.jpeg
04902D98-ABCC-48E7-A44D-2EC7113AFCE5.jpeg
C7A37F47-0D72-4120-AE48-86865FD56D92.jpeg

Changed fork seals and dust caps on a 14 V Strom 1000 with only 17k mi
My warmup for the same on the Busa

These jobs are SOOO much easier with the right tools
The right tools ...
The Racetech fork compressor ... worth every penny (this one's not mine ... borrowed from a GSXR 1000 owner.
Notice that owner's ingenuity: an old triple tree clamped into a bench vise makes fork work a breeze.
IMG_6244.JPEG

IMG_6247.JPEG

That's a lock nut just underneath the fork cap. Where it sits on the rod determines rebound adjustment click range. I didn't get it quite right so now the R fork rebound has a click range of 14 while the L side has a click range of 12.

Probably not a big deal, esp this bike cuz I'm pretty gentle off highway. But I imagine this could become critical on the Hayabusa.

Haven't pulled the forks on the Busa yet. Maybe it's a different setup??

Today i stripped all her clothes off her and admired her sleek lines. I then took a spray bottle and a paint brush and cleaned every inch of her from top to bottom. I still need to work on the rear shock and swing are as they are a little dirty, but prepping for all new goodies. I started a thread with my work and build.

Today i stripped all her clothes off her and admired her sleek lines. I then took a spray bottle and a paint brush and cleaned every inch of her from top to bottom. I still need to work on the rear shock and swing are as they are a little dirty, but prepping for all new goodies. I started a thread with my work and build.

Where, on this site, are the build threads?

Where, on this site, are the build threads?

Years long project, 271 posts, 14 pages

40076363783_c44bd6ed12_o-jpg.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

Years long project, 271 posts, 14 pages

Thx boss / can't wait to learn. So pretty.

Stainless steel brake lines...on an ABS bike. Takes a little more doin.
The nose was already off(deer)but would need almost completely removed(easier with it off) to get the right ram-air tube out(deer already got em both too) to run a line through, the tail was off, but needs moved to get a bracket off that's over the ABS pump.
I am replacing the radiator(and right side fan) with a new oem(deer again) so that made it easier.
Otherwise, 2 lines thread together above and slightly behind the radiator , which would be very difficult to get to, or swing a wrench with it in place(comes out easy anyway).
Now to put front wheel on, bleed(vacuum)
airbox and tank back on, and wait on the fairing kit to arrive.
After seeing whatever difference in feel the lines themselves make, EBC xx extreme-pro front pads will go on next, and those make a noticeable improvement in bite and shorter stops.
The ss lines are Spiegler.
I've used them on several machines over the years, and they are always high quality. Their banjos also can be rotated for a perfect fit, but none of these needed it.

20211211_233735.jpg

20211212_110653.jpg

20211211_233844.jpg

Hard to belive the radiator didn't leak, given the twist to it, and having the right fan jam stopped against it.

Last edited:
Back