What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Well, OK then shall we get started?.

IMG_5114.jpeg

image.jpg

For some reason I thought I had already commented on what a good looking bike you have and the fact you are going to boost it is even more exciting.....

It looks like it's ready for it....
Thank you very much! It's been taking much longer than expected due to a very busy work schedule, and I do everything myself.

Can't wait to get it completely finished!

It has been tested today. It increased the comfort as at high speeds my helmet slightly touches when I need to go into knee elbow touching position. My chest as well can be rested on that, so brilliant.
It was barely noticable on twisties so I frequently looked down, that I have lost it or not.

I have installed the SW Motech Pro Micro tank bag. It gave me enough space under the pillion seat to put there some toolkit and a tyre repair kit.

View attachment 1681413

View attachment 1681414

View attachment 1681415

View attachment 1681416

View attachment 1681417

View attachment 1681418

View attachment 1681419

I gave it good spin. Approx. 250 miles, 40% highways, <1% city areas, but most importantly 45% open country roads (with long straights) and 15% twisties up on the hill.

(Additional challenge: I spotted at least three mobile speed traps, the boys in blue are getting more and more tricky lately. Old vans, not super parallel parked cars, tinted windows... I guess the next will be put the speed traps in a recycle bin, stroller or bird nest. Anyway I hope I missed none.)

This was my first real test on mountain roads, the dealer said it will suffer on those type of roads. He couldn't be more wrong. It loves twisties, the front brake is a dream, the long gearing is... just wow, it can do almost anything in second when there are just corners and corners and corners. It keeps the curve even if there are bumps. I am very very pleased, it was worth the wait.

As the weather was much nicer I changed my winter gore-tex boots to my sport touring one, which has sleeker design overall, but the main difference is the sole, it is much thinner, it changed the rider triangle completely, I love it. The comfort on this bike is nothing like one can think when see or just try the bike. When you are getting used to it, it is just like any naked or similar bikes.

Then I gave it a very nice bath to get rid of the insect cemetery and - as I usually do after a wash - after some towel and forced air dry I put a full layer of silicon cover on to prevent rust and keep the materials in its original condition. In my opinion what is oil for the guns, professional grade silicon is for the bikes...

I gave it good spin. Approx. 250 miles, 40% highways, <1% city areas, but most importantly 45% open country roads (with long straights) and 15% twisties up on the hill.

(Additional challenge: I spotted at least three mobile speed traps, the boys in blue are getting more and more tricky lately. Old vans, not super parallel parked cars, tinted windows... I guess the next will be put the speed traps in a recycle bin, stroller or bird nest. Anyway I hope I missed none.)

This was my first real test on mountain roads, the dealer said it will suffer on those type of roads. He couldn't be more wrong. It loves twisties, the front brake is a dream, the long gearing is... just wow, it can do almost anything in second when there are just corners and corners and corners. It keeps the curve even if there are bumps. I am very very pleased, it was worth the wait.

As the weather was much nicer I changed my winter gore-tex boots to my sport touring one, which has sleeker design overall, but the main difference is the sole, it is much thinner, it changed the rider triangle completely, I love it. The comfort on this bike is nothing like one can think when see or just try the bike. When you are getting used to it, it is just like any naked or similar bikes.

Then I gave it a very nice bath to get rid of the insect cemetery and - as I usually do after a wash - after some towel and forced air dry I put a full layer of silicon cover on to prevent rust and keep the materials in its original condition. In my opinion what is oil for the guns, professional grade silicon is for the bikes...
Obviously the dealer doesn't know their product.....anyone who knows the Hayabusa of any generation will tell you it's a do everything kind of bike....including cornering....

9AAB2160-7296-45FA-9F29-31F20837F4FE.jpeg

?hash=774ae7ffab4c92db560517ebd825fc39.jpg

F0B86EFC-7939-49A5-9EC6-61AEB74C5A9D.jpeg

So I added 10L bags which will make the bike perfect for my needs. I cut and painted the front fender, which I’m still not set on… might go for carbon. The main mod is the cut exhaust. I think the cut exhaust is an interesting look, especially from behind. Eventually might cut again, blowtorch blue, and weld a 90 slash cut piece on each side but for now this’ll do.

8A4F0665-2DD4-4B76-885B-D9425369D60C.jpeg

View attachment 1681937

View attachment 1681945

View attachment 1681939
So I added 10L bags which will make the bike perfect for my needs. I cut and painted the front fender, which I’m still not set on… might go for carbon. The main mod is the cut exhaust. I think the cut exhaust is an interesting look, especially from behind. Eventually might cut again, blowtorch blue, and weld a 90 slash cut piece on each side but for now this’ll do.

View attachment 1681938
How loud is that thing, it must be obnoxious to ride for any length of time....

And I sure hope you don't have any neighbors.

How loud is that thing, it must be obnoxious to ride for any length of time....

And I sure hope you don't have any neighbors.
It’s loud. I mainly ride on the highways so it serves its purpose. I use ear plugs so I don’t mind the volume and neighbors don’t seem to mind either. They’re all about an acre away. That Godzilla F250 in the previous pic has no mufflers either :)

It’s loud. I mainly ride on the highways so it serves its purpose. I use ear plugs so I don’t mind the volume and neighbors don’t seem to mind either. They’re all about an acre away. That Godzilla F250 in the previous pic has no mufflers either :)
Good thing you don't live in a neighborhood, you'd be very unpopular.

As I get older, I like quiet....I grow weary of all these loud noise makers running around these days...

Good thing you don't live in a neighborhood, you'd be very unpopular.

As I get older, I like quiet....I grow weary of all these loud noise makers running around these days...
Well if I can’t make noise for a minute driving in and out, or rev my engine for 2 seconds every once in a while because it makes me happy, I probably don’t want to hang out with those people anyways… I’m sure you were similar to me when you were 24… :) a lot of people shoot around here (even at 2am!) so that should tell you what the deal is… very grateful for that. Moved outta the city because it was cheap, nice, and more space for the family

Back