What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

sgerry

Registered
Hey gang- seems time for this with new Gen 3 owners popping up.

Added the Tail Tidy from Trex Racing. Good fit, uses OEM light.
F7ABDCE4-1FC1-4908-95AB-9AA25F61D2BD.jpeg
4AFDF55F-731F-4E09-8463-8A668EE0E13A.jpeg

Be careful about the KD lowered pegs - 2019 version (not aware if they've updated them - website doesn't say so) will not fit over the QS - made that expensive mistake! - unless I'm being stupid and you know a way .
1 or 2 inch?

Another member here slapped on his knight legs from his H2, just had to have some clearance cut in.

Last edited:
I added bags to the Busa this past weekend. I prefer having hard bags on my bike and since the Gen III is relatively new the accessory people have not caught up yet with the options for bags (hard bags top load). I created my own mount and hooked the Busa up. Eventually, I'll put the top box mount on. I already have a design for that as well. IMO - the Busa is a great bike for touring. I like taking something to snack on while I'm out for the day and other clothing.

* GIVI - 21 Liters Bags
* Aluminum structure
* Light Bar mounts to the rear pillion (grab bar)

Can be removed fairly easily with no modifications to the original bike. It can be brought back to stock in a matter of a few minutes. I wish Suzuki would have but another set of mounts on the rear pillion. That would have made it much easier (I think) but may have raised the angle up slightly. I do like it being low and in line with the rear cowl. Incidentally, the other mod was the kickstand mod. After doing that I took the kick stand up to my local shop and added another ~1.20" to the length of the kickstand. I bought an old kick stand and used a chunk out of that one. The weld was tempered.

Hope you guys enjoy!

busa.png

Titanium right?
Run it and ride it with no fairings for a few miles, take some pictures of the cool colors it turns once it gets hot!

Yes sir, actually went titanium this time around. That's a great idea and definitely will plan to do since I hope to get it in my hands (mid March) and installed before the arm/wheel gets here in April/May. I think I found a Ti welder so can get the GSXR1K pipe attached to a slip fit. I also plan to lower it at the same time as the exhaust, if I don't do it before the exhaust gets here.

Back