What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Installed Puig Z racing screen and Scottoiler X-system automatic chain oiler. Will post pics when I get the chance to go for a ride to try them.

The bike is close to being finished with the possible addition of drop pegs.
Keep an eye on that scottoiler. You may end up dumping more oil than you would like. I had to install a 90 degree shut off valve on mine because it kept making such a mess. Hard to tune the perfect amount, and a bit of a pain to run the line to the engine vacuum. Maybe they're better now, I hope so. It does feel good not to have to put sticky stuff on the chain...

Keep an eye on that scottoiler. You may end up dumping more oil than you would like. I had to install a 90 degree shut off valve on mine because it kept making such a mess. Hard to tune the perfect amount, and a bit of a pain to run the line to the engine vacuum. Maybe they're better now, I hope so. It does feel good not to have to put sticky stuff on the chain...
Thank you for the heads up. This is the xsystem V2, none of the vacuum stuff, electronic and wires to the battery, it only works when the engine is on or the bike is moving. Still, I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it works like it's supposed to.

Furthermore I wanted to add MFW adjustable drop pegs:
But decided not to. The 50mm drop is just too big to fit with the exhaust and shifter on the left side.
Have you had a look at the Puig ones? According to the UK distributor they should be available mid July. 20mm only, but position adjustable.

Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 09.55.15.png

I
Have you had a look at the Puig ones? According to the UK distributor they should be available mid July. 20mm only, but position adjustable.

View attachment 1652516
I did not know Puig had such plans, only saw their replacement pegs. That is great news, thank you for the heads up! I'd definitely go that way instead of MFW from Germany. Contacted my distributor as well on local availability, no answer yet.

Went for a ride today. Tried to fit my ifak kit in the rear but couldn't get the cowl to close. Also got my Dynaplug kit in the mail. I really really wish they would have a storage capacity similar to that of the gen1. I could have put both and a mini tire inflator with room to spare.

20220625_013430.jpg

20220625_012353.jpg

Went for a ride today. Tried to fit my ifak kit in the rear but couldn't get the cowl to close. Also got my Dynaplug kit in the mail. I really really wish they would have a storage capacity similar to that of the gen1. I could have put both and a mini tire inflator with room to spare.

View attachment 1652710

View attachment 1652711

Have you tried putting them inside the storage in the hump cowling? Pretty good size opening on the Gen-3.

Not a chance it would fit even with the enlarged opening. I did get the tire plug kit and a mini inflator to fit though.
Does the rear cowl have the 4 screws on it like the gen 1 and 2? If so you could get the kit that allows you to take the bottom off the hump and make it easier to put stuff in there. Unless you meant it was too big to fit in there at all in which case it obviously wouldn't help.

I did not know Puig had such plans, only saw their replacement pegs. That is great news, thank you for the heads up! I'd definitely go that way instead of MFW from Germany. Contacted my distributor as well on local availability, no answer yet.
More info' now on the Puig site. 20mm arm only with full 360˚ adjustment available. They show a 40mm arm too but only for passenger foot pegs on a Hayabusa. Choice of at least 6 different types of foot pegs. Any updates on a delivery schedule in Hungary?

mounting-instructions.jpg

puig.jpg

puig2.jpg

More info' now on the Puig site. 20mm arm only with full 360˚ adjustment available. They show a 40mm arm too but only for passenger foot pegs on a Hayabusa. Choice of at least 6 different types of foot pegs. Any updates on a delivery schedule in Hungary?

View attachment 1652906

View attachment 1652907

View attachment 1652908
Thanks for the update. This looks promising.

My guy told me he can order the 20mm part from Spain on July 21st. On the 26th (Tuesday) I'm leaving for a 5-day trip, so I will probably get it early August.

Pondered throwing the Sprint filter in it. Manual says to pull lots of plastics out of the way. Anyone done this and can give me the quick and dirty? Really don’t feel like pulling plastics to raise a tank for 3mins. Is it hard?
May let CM$ do it if it’s not to costly.

Pondered throwing the Sprint filter in it. Manual says to pull lots of plastics out of the way. Anyone done this and can give me the quick and dirty? Really don’t feel like pulling plastics to raise a tank for 3mins. Is it hard?
May let CM$ do it if it’s not to costly.
It will definitely gain a couple hp and it’s not hard to do but is time consuming. A complete failure on Suzuki’s part designing the tank cover..

Today I did some minor maintenance on the bike - oil level, chain oil, tires etc. The wife was watching. She is indifferent, sometimes antagonistic towards this hobby, because of all the time and money I spend on it. Now she never praised any of my bikes, but today she said that the Busa looks great. Yeah, this bike is something special indeed.

Back