What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Opened up the seat cowl a little. Still not even close to as much space as the gen 1.

20220312_171722.jpg

20220312_171829.jpg

20220312_033958.jpg

Yes. Definitely a bit louder and deeper sound, but not offensive. But the sound difference disappears at cruising speeds, only to return when the throttle is cracked.
It‘s difficult to measure performance gains but the bike is becoming smoother and more enjoyable as the engine breaks in. As a result it is better, but maybe not just because of the cans.
Overall, the slip ons are worth the $. I’m pleased.

Yes. Definitely a bit louder and deeper sound, but not offensive. But the sound difference disappears at cruising speeds, only to return when the throttle is cracked.
It‘s difficult to measure performance gains but the bike is becoming smoother and more enjoyable as the engine breaks in. As a result it is better, but maybe not just because of the cans.
Overall, the slip ons are worth the $. I’m pleased.
Any chance you can record the exhaust sound and post here

Enjoying a beautiful weather here in TN

I randomly did the same thing here in Louisiana. Had a quick 45min ride while family was napping yesterday.

I run a Sena SMH10R headset, last weekend I removed the speakers from the helmet and upgraded to some 45mm speakers and soldered them in. I finally got to ride with them, totally a night/day difference in sound quality and volume some too. Totally wished I'd done this 6yrs ago when I bought the headset.

PXL_20220313_211513457~2.jpg

I randomly did the same thing here in Louisiana. Had a quick 45min ride while family was napping yesterday.

I run a Sena SMH10R headset, last weekend I removed the speakers from the helmet and upgraded to some 45mm speakers and soldered them in. I finally got to ride with them, totally a night/day difference in sound quality and volume some too. Totally wished I'd done this 6yrs ago when I bought the headset.

View attachment 1648119
I have the SMH10. Speakers are starting to go. Which speakers did you replace them with?

I have the SMH10. Speakers are starting to go. Which speakers did you replace them with?

Can't recommend the upgrade enough, it's amazing the quality difference. For a long time I assumed that's just the way it was going to sound and better than nothing. Actually have some bass and clarity now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016229HBC

I got the cheaper set, wasn't totally sure how this experiment was going to turn out. Also when you cut the cord there is 2 uninsulated wires inside. Have no clue why they're not insulated, but soldered fine and no static and such.

Can't recommend the upgrade enough, it's amazing the quality difference. For a long time I assumed that's just the way it was going to sound and better than nothing. Actually have some bass and clarity now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016229HBC

I got the cheaper set, wasn't totally sure how this experiment was going to turn out. Also when you cut the cord there is 2 uninsulated wires inside. Have no clue why they're not insulated, but soldered fine and no static and such.
How did you figure out which wires to solder together? Are they the same color? I never taken the wiring apart on mine.

Back