What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Had these installed today.

Front was real bald, rear at the 2/32” wear bars.

Thanks Yellow, question anyone try a air hawk seat cover. My Saddlemen gel seat killed my a$$ today on my ride hit speeds to a buck 40 for a minute or two stretching the Falcon out
I had one, it was Eh, that is the only way to really describe it. It was more of a nuisance for me than an improvement. Aired it up, deflated, couldn’t get comfortable for $hit.
I must say the best improvement of my bike after everything is the new image seat. My a$$ never had it so good.

I had one, it was Eh, that is the only way to really describe it. It was more of a nuisance for me than an improvement. Aired it up, deflated, couldn’t get comfortable for $hit.
I must say the best improvement of my bike after everything is the new image seat. My a$$ never had it so good.
Where did you get it from I have a Saddleman gel but it was hot as hell the other day I rode about 105 with heat index

Metzler Racetec CompK slicks here. I've used slicks for cold weather on the street before and they were awesome. Not recommended for cold weather, dust or wet condition but no problem with grip in my hardest cornering in good conditions and warm weather during the summer months no cold tearing. No problem with repeated heat cycles. PLUS--slicks are usually CHEAPER than similar DOT tires. The last set was on the bike for two years. Stay tuned for what will might be a controversial thread.

Metzler Racetec CompK slicks here. I've used slicks for cold weather on the street before and they were awesome. Not recommended for cold weather, dust or wet condition but no problem with grip in my hardest cornering in good conditions and warm weather during the summer months no cold tearing. No problem with repeated heat cycles. PLUS--slicks are usually CHEAPER than similar DOT tires. The last set was on the bike for two years. Stay tuned for what will might be a controversial thread.
That's weird about the slicks being cheaper than DoT tires . . here in NZ slicks are double the price of road tires.
I guess everything's cheaper in the US.
Even the racing tires.
I had a friend use slicks on the road on his GSXR750, and crashed.
Could've been his asking more from the tire than it could give, but he certainly blamed it on the slicks! :firing:

Could've been his asking more from the tire than it could give, but he certainly blamed it on the slicks!
Could be some slicks are very poor choices for street riding. The Diablos Superbike Pros I had were excellent. They were made for cold tracks without tire warmers and to me, that pretty much sounds like street riding as long as it's dry and not dusty. The Superbike Pros seemed a tad slippery when I got caught in a light shower. Having no sipes at all, I did not expect them to perform well under those conditions and I didn't test them. I rode home very slowly. Pirelli no longer makes the Superbike Pros. The RaceTecs have similar specs for use. I'll post pics in the future and await the flames at that time.
:laugh:

Could be some slicks are very poor choices for street riding. The Diablos Superbike Pros I had were excellent. They were made for cold tracks without tire warmers and to me, that pretty much sounds like street riding as long as it's dry and not dusty. The Superbike Pros seemed a tad slippery when I got caught in a light shower. Having no sipes at all, I did not expect them to perform well under those conditions and I didn't test them. I rode home very slowly. Pirelli no longer makes the Superbike Pros. The RaceTecs have similar specs for use. I'll post pics in the future and await the flames at that time.
:laugh:
:thumbsup:
The street tires on offer nowadays are mostly all very good , are you running slicks just because they are cheaper .... or have you missed your Moto GP calling bro and just need them 'cos you always ride like you are qualifying on racers road ? I presumed most modern slicks have a heat cycle , and that street riding rarely will deliver that consistency ? I guess it could also depend how far you are from those ideal roads and the weather etc. ideally .
How is that new generation BST purchase going bro , if you mate those slicks up to those beauties .... be sure to post up for us , a @c10 like thrill video ride , filmed in Mexico of course ....

are you running slicks just because they are cheaper .... or have you missed your Moto GP calling bro and just need them 'cos you always ride like you are qualifying on racers road ?
Cheaper is just an added benefit. BTW they were purchased from The Visor Shop in the UK with a $90 shipping charge but still cheaper than the DOT Racetecs. I buy them mostly because they look cool. A good set of street/track tires like SuperCorsas are just as good and last about the same mileage.

I presumed most modern slicks have a heat cycle , and that street riding rarely will deliver that consistency ?
Yes but the claim that no tire warmers are required, and designed for cold tracks seems to indicate it will be just fine on the street. The Pirellis I had made similar claims and it held true.

How is that new generation BST purchase going bro , if you mate those slicks up to those beauties .... be sure to post up for us , a @c10 like thrill video ride , filmed in Mexico of course ....
I've decided on the BST Racetec (HEY --same name a the tires!) I have a problem to solve with owning an appropriate tire changer for those expensive BSTs. You need to have a concrete floor to mount the No Mar tire changer. I am currently renting so probably not a good idea to drill in the garage floor. NoMar also makes a trailor hitch stand mount you can attach to your truck so that could work. After alls said and done, I gotta ride so I put new tires on the stock rims. I probably won't get the BSTs until October or perhaps later. Got some dental bills for the kids to pay ($6000 braces x2 kids). Definitely gotta get those wheels though. It makes me sick when I pick up the rear wheel and feel how heavy it is. My poor busa gotta crank that baby around at WOT !!

Cheaper is just an added benefit. BTW they were purchased from The Visor Shop in the UK with a $90 shipping charge but still cheaper than the DOT Racetecs. I buy them mostly because they look cool. A good set of street/track tires like SuperCorsas are just as good and last about the same mileage.

Yes but the claim that no tire warmers are required, and designed for cold tracks seems to indicate it will be just fine on the street. The Pirellis I had made similar claims and it held true.

I've decided on the BST Racetec (HEY --same name a the tires!) I have a problem to solve with owning an appropriate tire changer for those expensive BSTs. You need to have a concrete floor to mount the No Mar tire changer. I am currently renting so probably not a good idea to drill in the garage floor. NoMar also makes a trailor hitch stand mount you can attach to your truck so that could work. After alls said and done, I gotta ride so I put new tires on the stock rims. I probably won't get the BSTs until October or perhaps later. Got some dental bills for the kids to pay ($6000 braces x2 kids). Definitely gotta get those wheels though. It makes me sick when I pick up the rear wheel and feel how heavy it is. My poor busa gotta crank that baby around at WOT !!
I have a very good bikeshop I trust to handle my BST 's when needing tires . I do remove them from the bike and deliver and wait while they are being done . Could get away without changer if you got similar access to good shop , could be all fitted earlier bro , after the kids are all fixed that is , of course .
I am sure looking forward to that future post of your BST ownership and ride impressions bro .

I looked my bike over , could of rode today but decided to give her a visual thorough check . I also was waiting for that Samco silicone hose order to arrive , and it did . Those stainless clamps are heavy , 257 grams in package .... the link that @Mythos gave me for those super light shrink clamps have been unresponsive , so I will try again , maybe word my inquiry better somehow , or just phone them this time .

Back