what color to pick

200.gif

I think this was the thread about the trim color change. I know I've seen the kits on ebay in the past, but haven't seen any since I got the bike. Really would like to get a spare set so I can "attempt" to skin them in carbon.

Anyone come across the kit lately? Also wonder if they sell the rear cowl trim separately too?

On a side note discovered China makes a knock-off rear cowls now, minus the kanji on the "back rest" part and the color trim is gloss.
They have them for under $100 shipped if willing to wait from China. I've had good luck with Chinese stuff fitting the Gen2 as well as the ZL1, but visually these look crappy

Last edited:
1646410119963.png

Maybe Honda will go all in and reboot the series while they are at it...
1646410159184.png

IMHO, the Hawk looks like Suzuki's Katana- one of the ugliest line of bikes ever.

IMHO, the Hawk looks like Suzuki's Katana- one of the ugliest line of bikes ever.
In your opinion of course..

I and many, many others like the look of the original Katana and the latest rendition. The bikes (named Katana) that came in between have very little in common with these bikes.

Show me the ugly in this bike.....

Katana.JPG

Last edited:
In your opinion of course..

I and many, many others like the look of the original Katana and the latest rendition. The bikes (named Katana) that came in between have very little in common with these bikes.

Show me the ugly in this bike.....

View attachment 1647759
No offense intended, please believe that.

The Katana has a HUGE following I'm not denying that at all- and just by that following alone it justifies the $ and time Suzuki spent rebooting it . I'm not a fan of the exaggerated beak, from the headers back its a perfect representation of the bikes of the era. Hell, my wife knows my fanboy nature of bikes with a banana seat- it's a huge reason why I went with the Duc Scrambler 1100 when i was able to get a bike again. Had a CX500, CB700SC(<- Fav bike ever), TL 1000R, 2001 Busa, ZX-6E, HD Switchback, and now my '22 Busa.

I also dislike the 2nd gen 'Busa- dislike enough to not even consider it when coming back to 2 wheels. I didn't like the swoopy, organic fenders and tail. I will say that some of the paint jobs that Ive seen here since getting a 'Busa again really draw the attention away from things I dislike about the bike- but i wasn't going to buy a bike that i would want to immediately want to paint to have a busa again.

Personally anyone who rides anything (scooters included) I consider part of the 2-Wheel brotherhood,

Diff strokes for diff folks.
Which is the only reason why the car industry allowed a travesty like the Pontiac Aztec to be built...
(Apologies to anyone who owns and loves their Aztec...)

Last edited:
No offense intended, please believe that.

The Katana has a HUGE following I'm not denying that at all- and just by that following alone it justifies the $ and time Suzuki spent rebooting it . I'm not a fan of the exaggerated beak, from the headers back its a perfect representation of the bikes of the era. Hell, my wife knows my fanboy nature of bikes with a banana seat- it's a huge reason why I went with the Duc Scrambler 1100 when i was able to get a bike again. Had a CX500, CB700SC(<- Fav bike ever), TL 1000R, 2001 Busa, ZX-6E, HD Switchback, and now my '22 Busa.

I also dislike the 2nd gen 'Busa- dislike enough to not even consider it when coming back to 2 wheels. I didn't like the swoopy, organic fenders and tail. I will say that some of the paint jobs that Ive seen here since getting a 'Busa again really draw the attention away from things I dislike about the bike- but i wasn't going to buy a bike that i would want to immediately want to paint to have a busa again.

Personally anyone who rides anything (scooters included) I consider part of the 2-Wheel brotherhood,

Diff strokes for diff folks.
Which is the only reason why the car industry allowed a travesty like the Pontiac Aztec to be built...
(Apologies to anyone who owns and loves their Aztec...)
Yep, that's why there are so many different things built for different tastes.

The Gen 1 Busa (in my opinion) got it right as far as Hayabusas go.

I've said it before, it's you that has to go our into your garage and look at your bike, you have to like it even if nobody else does in order to own it....

Yep, that's why there are so many different things built for different tastes.

The Gen 1 Busa (in my opinion) got it right as far as Hayabusas go.

I've said it before, it's you that has to go our into your garage and look at your bike, you have to like it even if nobody else does in order to own it....
Right?

Straight up truth there.

As someone who got to see all 3 in person side by side .. I chose black/gold in the end. BUT if Suzuki made the white with red and silver with blue instead I’d probably still be standing at the shop trying to Decide I love white and red together. But this black paint is gorgeous! The sparkle in it up close gives it that .. pop!

200.gif

Im between the black/orange and silver red. if i could id really like to have it in black with the red accents of the silver model similar to my 2011 model. what are your thoughts?since ive had my last busa for 10yrs and its going to be handed down, i need to think what color combo i could live with until suzuki drops the “4th gen” sometime in 2030
How about the pearl white with blue accent.

Now what would inspire anyone to paint or wrap a brand new bike ????......

Those Dallas Cheerleaders are THE BEST !.

...I and many, many others like the look of the original Katana...
I missed the original Art of The Motorcycle show by the Guggenheim Museum in New York. But it was supposedly amazing. The 100 most amazing motorcycles in history, with the bikes standing on mirrors so you could see the engineering underneath if you wanted to. When the Guggenheim opened a museum in Vegas a few years later, the first-generation Hayabusa had just come out, and they added it to the show. I rode mine to Vegas, and on the second floor was able to stand in a hallway and look into two different rooms to simultaneously see my Hayabusa, and my GS1000SZ Katana designed by Hans Muth. I've owned four motorcycles, and two of them have been in the Guggenheim. So yeah, my brand loyalty is with Suzuki. That original katana was fast, bulletproof, and got more looks and comments (with its chrome Kerker megaphone) even than I've gotten from my Busa. It was different (which is why the new one doesn't do much for me).

Last edited:
Back