What about CACHE?

It's been a week or so, just curious as to how long before donations are recognised? I sent cache a PM when I personally donated to the site and then a notification here when I sent off the company check last week. I expect it'll take a little longer for the check, no big deal but I should at least see "Donating Member"
smile.gif

No hurry or anything. I realize you're busy and all.

Thanks.

Carl

(Paypal would have been $50 from "theodore schelin", just FYI).

It's been a week or so, just curious as to how long before donations are recognised? I sent cache a PM when I personally donated to the site and then a notification here when I sent off the company check last week. I expect it'll take a little longer for the check, no big deal but I should at least see "Donating Member"
smile.gif

Thanks.

Carl

I don't get notified when ppl donate to the board via the donation page.....

but I'll take your word for it.

smile.gif

Thanks.

Carl

I don't get notified when ppl donate to the board via the donation page.....

but I'll take your word for it.
Did you get my followup PM? I don't know how many of those you get so it's possible it may have been lost in the shuffle.

Not a gigantic "thing", just wondering (although the stickers would be cool
smile.gif
)

Thanks.

Carl

smile.gif

In this case, I hate being right. But how 'bout running a couple of those raffles for this cause and then call it good and get a used Busa, or use money for a down payment?

In this case, I hate being right. But how 'bout running a couple of those raffles for this cause and then call it good and get a used Busa, or use money for a down payment?
the raffle idea is good...

what would sound not-too-over-the-top?  $1000 in tickets for a $500 item? more? less?

DO NOT LIMIT THE NUMBER OF TICKETS!

As long as people are willing to buy more tickets (for the cause), then do not be foolish and cut it off at a certain # of tickets. Just set a cut-off time and date, and keep us up to date on the number sold. Let the buyer or donator determine if he is OK with the odds. Most of us would be primarily donating anyway. The added chance of winnining something is a bonus. Offer something good and then get out of the way. Close it at the prescribed time and date.

I would spend $10.00 to $15.00 a ticket for a turbo setup....possibly purchase several tickets. Same for some carbon fiber or magnesium wheels. 500 tickets at $15.00 each would net $7,500.00 - not unreasonable in my opinion.
biggrin.gif

Well, how about $3500.00 on wheels, giving you a profit of $3500.00 - you could than run a raffel for a turbo at the same rate. Could bring your balance from both raffels to 7K, and than add that to what you got in donations, and I think you would be very close to get you a new Busa, if not more than enough.

Just my humble opinion
wink.gif

so many choices out there... well if it is going to be a MAGNESIUM wheel, would be nice if it was Forged instead of cast. CF wheel would be very slick. 3 or 5 spoke design would be killer, and possibly offer a color choice. I will take mine in Gold, but wouldnt complain if they were Black. Doesn't matter to me, Im in for a few tickets if you decide to do it. Just sorta neat to plunk down a few dollars to have a chance at getting something I couldn't typically afford, and at the same time helping out with the "Race" effort for ya.
smile.gif

I guess what ever wheel Magnesium, or CF would hold up best to daily driving on the road. Not all of us are spending a lot of time on the track, so road worthy wheels would be a must.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: "addition of road worth input"|1124304016 -->

I'll take the RC Chrome ones and that would save an extra grand towards the donation verses the 3500.00 mag wheels. Let me know about this raffle I want in.

Back