What’s the best for street?

I got to thinking this morning (scary I know) about "what is best for the street" honestly, what I am riding now is best for the street, it isn't the best for a drag strip or a road circuit course but it is great on the street.

I handles well, stops great, has more power than what can be used most times and is comfortable with decent fuel range...what more can one ask for when riding on the street?
Moar powaaa!!!!!

To what end?

I'd be exhausted riding a bike like yours on the street as I'd always be looking for which car is trying to run me over while they look at their phone or their very complicated data screen console...
I go by them so fast it’s like they are stopped. I don’t give them a chance. I ride mostly highway too though to be fair. I love just jumping on it and seeing how fast I can get to Boston, then NH. I’ve done 500 miles in a day on my 1397 and that had a cut seat. Lol.

My type of riding, you can react and see people’s moves easy as long as traffic is fairly light. I’m usually on average doing 120-150 at any given time.

It is exhausting going these speed though. Mentally exhausting to pick lines, watch cars, estimate distances, find gaps. I will say I don’t ride recklessly when others are around. I pick my spots. I wouldn’t endanger anyone else but me.

More toys….

68FDE4CF-9C21-4629-A4F8-3931046DD6E2.jpeg

9244114F-A8D6-428B-8BCC-E3C289AE5F14.jpeg

C7F2FD0B-9A0D-44DA-B934-D5C9DE1B15EF.jpeg

I got to thinking this morning (scary I know) about "what is best for the street" honestly, what I am riding now is best for the street, it isn't the best for a drag strip or a road circuit course but it is great on the street.

I handles well, stops great, has more power than what can be used most times and is comfortable with decent fuel range...what more can one ask for when riding on the street?
100% Agree.
When set up to suit the rider, they become a comfortable mile muncher, multi day tourer, track day fun, and open road weapon.
As I’ve said before, this is the first bike that I actually feel connected to. Me and it as a cohesive unit. It just works.

I go by them so fast it’s like they are stopped. I don’t give them a chance. I ride mostly highway too though to be fair. I love just jumping on it and seeing how fast I can get to Boston, then NH. I’ve done 500 miles in a day on my 1397 and that had a cut seat. Lol.

My type of riding, you can react and see people’s moves easy as long as traffic is fairly light. I’m usually on average doing 120-150 at any given time.

It is exhausting going these speed though. Mentally exhausting to pick lines, watch cars, estimate distances, find gaps. I will say I don’t ride recklessly when others are around. I pick my spots. I wouldn’t endanger anyone else but me.
When I was racing, I was both physically and mentally exhausted after a race.....

When I pick up the pace on the backroads, I sort of feel the same way when I get home, I'm almost happy to get off the bike.

I ride the Busa, mainly for the torque and it's performance. It is a recreational toy for me.
If I had to use a bike for transport on the street, it will not be a Busa. It is too heavy, hard to park, maneuver around the city etc. But I am not into that, for me it is a once in a while blast out on the road and coming back with a smile.

If I had to ride the street every day, probably a GSXR750 would be a better bet. That said, I enjoy my Husky TE610 at 290lbs around the city, just gets a bit wild around 100mph.

I ride the Busa, mainly for the torque and it's performance. It is a recreational toy for me.
If I had to use a bike for transport on the street, it will not be a Busa. It is too heavy, hard to park, maneuver around the city etc. But I am not into that, for me it is a once in a while blast out on the road and coming back with a smile.

If I had to ride the street every day, probably a GSXR750 would be a better bet. That said, I enjoy my Husky TE610 at 290lbs around the city, just gets a bit wild around 100mph.
Honestly those little 300 sport bikes look pretty interesting.

I've rode the older models of 250 Ninjas and CBRs and they were pretty fun...

I put 20k miles on a ninja 300 after I sold my Busa, It was tons of fun. Different, but still fun, shifting every gear at max rpm, hitting the canyons, super fun.

Busa had nitrous/stretch so it was a different fun beast.

Can’t wait til I get on a turbo with 15-20psi!
I raced a Suzuki sponsored 250 Gamma for a couple races...it was a blast...

All good until I crashed it.....for some reason I didn't get invited back...

If you like daily top speed runs live in West Texas cause 150 mph is slow around here, heck my 87 T-Bird with a 2.3 turbo can do that. Or hit the NOS on the B King for more speed until I get the turbo on, just got to watch out for the Wild Pigs and Turkey Vultures if you can LOL. It's one thing to hit a high number then back off compared to holding it for miles.

I'd go for a ride and see my two Sheriff's and two Texas DPS car's at their favorite watering hole and I new the roads where clear for take off. I have to admit I don't do it as much cause I'm riding my 130 mph Sportster more plus I'm 6' and 250 lbs and could be faster but I like my beer and pizza.

If you like daily top speed runs live in West Texas cause 150 mph is slow around here, heck my 87 T-Bird with a 2.3 turbo can do that. Or hit the NOS on the B King for more speed until I get the turbo on, just got to watch out for the Wild Pigs and Turkey Vultures if you can LOL. It's one thing to hit a high number then back off compared to holding it for miles.

I'd go for a ride and see my two Sheriff's and two Texas DPS car's at their favorite watering hole and I new the roads where clear for take off. I have to admit I don't do it as much cause I'm riding my 130 mph Sportster more plus I'm 6' and 250 lbs and could be faster but I like my beer and pizza.
Oh I know it. I go to Texas frequently. I would love to have my bike down there. Been thinking of a place in San Antonio where my granddaughter lives. Just outside there anyway...

Set the cruise in my Lexus a few years back at 120 through New Mexico. Drove for almost an hour before I needed gas.

Back