What’s the best combo on the Gen 2 on hitting the drag strip it’s bone stock now

Blizzard920

Registered
(2011) This bike will only be used for drag racing….I was thinking about starting out with a launch controller ? Brocks side winder exhaust or whatever y’all suggest open for all options .. A tuner or Ecu flash ? , how low to drop the bike ? ? 6-9 inch swingarm ? Do I need to do anything with the rear shock I weigh around 260 not looking to break records just wanna go fast as I can lol ? I Want to start with a 40shot , What to to set the Mps Electronic Engine kill At ?I have this already with the air shifter and how can I wire it to the nitrous? Going with a direct port nitrous kit or whatever sugggestions y’all have ? do I need to put a better fuel pump ? Definitely getting the Wot throttle switch… would like to eventually push this bike to the edge of how much nos this engine will take I have a spare engine .. what about sprocket Gearing ? I have a complete extra engine I’m tearing down for a turbo build or a huge shot of nos … doing everything to this engine rods pistons or whatever y’all recommend but any opinions and ideas would be awesome thank y’all…

BB2686D5-DEB8-461F-9FC5-CDE344D4E845.jpeg

CCD4A309-1A69-498C-8462-76431E9FD4FD.jpeg

771D2C5F-BCFA-4C45-9DF9-4357AFBAA9A2.jpeg

A8B08312-2E80-4012-AD41-1A17D6C088B4.jpeg

38C8E769-FEF5-470D-BB53-48F1B5E91498.jpeg

A6FB0600-EFEA-4383-A969-38EECED02106.jpeg

ABBB5302-8AF8-49A9-A955-1320B0F90EC1.jpeg

31AD2FDF-81DF-473A-95CB-0B847BEC00DD.jpeg

95C70780-91D2-4AE1-B28B-9B3C491C9A28.jpeg

52789336-E199-4AB5-BBE0-FC43FA8BD35A.jpeg

54BC66F2-F42B-49B2-AD01-B74BA2481B6C.jpeg

4BFCABDC-3805-4978-B7C5-FDE09210D777.jpeg

8A34FEDD-E54B-46D9-BF07-5F6669C476D7.jpeg

1E8A6549-1274-4310-ABF4-B60BF5EF9799.jpeg

Nice shop.
If money is no issue, turbo over nitros any day.
The drag guys will be along shortly to answer your questions.
Welcome to the org
Thank you me and my son started working on hayabusa’s couple years ago teaching him how to work on them to make some money while he’s still in school ….Money is definitely a issue lol was going to do nitrous for this first engine just to start playing around at the drag strip with all the new technology I’m a little behind on the new stuff

Welcome, sounds lie a fun project...

Are all those Hayabusas yours?
The white one is mine the other ones are a friend of mines doing some work to them for the same reason he’s trying to hit the drag strip to … my son is ready to race ours so we are gonna do what we can to go fast fun little project father son racing or just having fun with it

Thank you me and my son started working on hayabusa’s couple years ago teaching him how to work on them to make some money while he’s still in school ….Money is definitely a issue lol was going to do nitrous for this first engine just to start playing around at the drag strip with all the new technology I’m a little behind on the new stuff

That's good stuff, my girlfriend's son is 12, and I just got an 03 gsxr1k in need of alot of love, lol, and he's anxious to learn how to fix it all.
As for the money, that's ok too, as the drag guys here really know what they're doing, and will get you the most for your money and tell you exactly how to set it up.
I can do the wrenching, but I'm just a street hoon, lol, not a drag racer.
It may take a while with different members schedules, but they will start posting here throughout the day.

Can u ride a no bar hand clutch bike? If not, Lower it, do the clutch mod, clutch stack at 1.99, heavy springs, and set the air shift kill At like 50-60 and start learning. Don’t worry about nitrous, the shock, or going fast. You and your son take turns practicing being smooth from the launch to 330ft.

That's good stuff, my girlfriend's son is 12, and I just got an 03 gsxr1k in need of alot of love, lol, and he's anxious to learn how to fix it all.
As for the money, that's ok too, as the drag guys here really know what they're doing, and will get you the most for your money and tell you exactly how to set it up.
I can do the wrenching, but I'm just a street hoon, lol, not a drag racer.
It may take a while with different members schedules, but they will start posting here throughout the day.
That’s awesome love watching the interest in these kids eyes when they want to learn I already know what’s running through their minds I was there once lol … Yeah I have been working on sport bikes for a long time just been out the drag racing scene so long all this new technology I don’t know where to start and don’t wanna waste money on wrong combinations so yes any help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated

Can u ride a no bar hand clutch bike? If not, Lower it, do the clutch mod, clutch stack at 1.99, heavy springs, and set the air shift kill At like 50-60 and start learning. Don’t worry about nitrous, the shock, or going fast. You and your son take turns practicing being smooth from the launch to 330ft.
Thank you yes that sounds perfect probably do exactly what you said get the practice down on the launch first he’s pretty decent at the launch on the bike now I told him when we lower it it will help a ton … thanks I’ll keep y’all updated this is gonna be a fun project with him we both really enjoy working on the bike together! I appreciate the info

What clutch is in the bike?

I’d do a Brock’s clutch mod if it’s truly bone stock but it doesn’t seem stock at all with all the parts you listed. :laugh:
Yes it’s completely stock at the moment still gotta install the air shifter and ignition kill mod :.the rest of the parts it’s just a plan I kinda had in my head or wish list lol
What clutch is in the bike?

I’d do a Brock’s clutch mod if it’s truly bone stock but it doesn’t seem stock at all with all the parts you listed. :laugh:
If I built a strictly drag bike 100% nitrous big bore over a turbo.
I love Nitrous too ….how beneficial if I got that head worked up and used the the other intake Cam to put on it I got the head of the engine I’m building so I won’t be down during the process

If the head is off then SS valves and upgraded springs are a good ideal just in case you get hooked on Nitrous cause I got a feeling your going to like more than a 40 shot.
Yes for sure that’s what I was thinking does anyone know pricing on port and polishing I can do valves and springs my self I know porting too much is not good I would love to play around with it but don’t have a flow bench or anything like that .

Back