Gen 2 Busa Front Sprocket

mark_NZ

Registered
Hi
I have a Gen 1 Engine but have transplanted a Gen 2 transmission into it. The Engine is in an offroader.
I used to run 14 or 15 tooth sprockets with the gen 1 trans, but the smallest i can find now that i have the gen 2 trans is 16 tooth. I've searched and searched but have had no luck. Does the gen 2 output shaft share a common spline and diamater with another bike that does sprockets 15 or 14 teeth?

Hi

I have a Gen 1 Engine
but have transplanted
a Gen 2 transmission into it .

The Engine is in an off roadster .

I used to run 14 or 15 tooth
sprockets with the gen 1 trans,
but the smallest I can find now
that I have the gen 2 trans is 16 tooth .

I've searched and searched but have had no luck .

Does the gen 2 Hayabusa output shaft share a common spline
and diameter with another bike that does sprockets 15 or 14 teeth ?

Perhaps you could look into adding a few teeth to the rear sprocket ~ a Gen 2 output shaft is fatter than a Gen 1 *

Or build more boost so that you can use that bigger gear for higher mile an hour *

Last edited:
What is the purpose for changing sprockets? And what's difference between front and rear sprockets? I assume you need a new chain or add links if you increase teeth or opposite for losing teeth.

-1 on the front sprocket is like +3 on the rear sprocket. Changing the rear from what I heard is better on the transmission but can say fact to that.

If you often ride up to the limiter in high gear ~ then stay with the gear ratio that you have *

If you need to move your BIG ass a little quicker ~ take one off the front or add a couple out back *
Yes....i am a big dude at 6'4" 270. I don't ride at the limiter, but around 100 on the highways. I like to stay ahead of traffic flow as to not be rear ended.

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies

The purpose of changing the front sprocket is to lower the gearing for better acceleration. I cant change the rear sprocket as it sits in a housing and there is no room to increase it (it would clash with the housing)

I realize that this may require a different length chain

On the track i race at i get my arse kicked by another car with a gen 1 busa because he has alot lower gearing than me which suits the track. (he runs a 15T with 26" rear tyres. I run a 16T(because its the smallest i can find for a gen 2 trans) and 31" tyres. We both run 60 tooth rear sprockets)

so does anyone know a place that can do custom sprockets?

200.gif

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies

The purpose of changing the front sprocket is to lower the gearing for better acceleration. I cant change the rear sprocket as it sits in a housing and there is no room to increase it (it would clash with the housing)

I realize that this may require a different length chain

On the track i race at i get my arse kicked by another car with a gen 1 busa because he has alot lower gearing than me which suits the track. (he runs a 15T with 26" rear tyres. I run a 16T(because its the smallest i can find for a gen 2 trans) and 31" tyres. We both run 60 tooth rear sprockets)

so does anyone know a place that can do custom sprockets?
More expensive but other option is to buy shorter transmission gears for 1st & 2nd.

Back