wHAAAAA,waaaahhhhhh, waahhhahhaha (our President on the radio 2 minutes ago)

Cappo same as folks travel outside of Chicago to make an illegal purchase they can purchase inside Chicago illegally.
One already has to go thru a background check when one buys thru a dealer and there is no reason my brother should have to go thru a background check if I give him a gun.
Lets talk sensible measures...

Only thing I could see them purchasing illegally inside Chicago is an illegal gun off of the street. I just don't see it as being sensible in allowing any old person to own a firearm. That's opening the gate for all kinds of mischief. All a background check is doing is confirming that your brother is in good standing mentally and legally enough to own a firearm. Hell, why don't employers just hire any old person off of the street? That would be lucrative and constructive, I'm sure of it:whistle:.

I live in Indiana and I keep hearing about how Chicago's gun problems are our fault.
If that's the case, why don't we have the same type of problems?

Where were all the massive daily shootings and murders in Indianapolis, Lafayette, South Bend, Fort Wayne etc? Let's put it this way, Gary Indiana is one of the biggest ghetto $@#* holes on the planet and yet it doesn't hold a candle to Chicago!

Chicago had 26 people shot this last weekend. Take every major city in Indiana combined and the total murder rate for any recent year is a fraction of what the city of Chicago has.

IL has some of the strictest gun laws but blame has to be put somewhere...time to grasp at straws and blame it on Indiana.

I apologize Turbo-Torch because I believe I have heard someone make mention of Gary, Indiana being an easy access spot for guns but I still haven't heard of them being at fault for the murder rate.

Actually all the blame has been on how the Indiana gun shows are at fault for Chicago's problems.

If that's the case, our shootings should be higher because we don't even need to travel. Factor in that we don't have the insane gun laws that Chicago has and our rates should be 10X higher.

Oh my gosh.... How many times do I have to say it.. ENFORCE THE GUN LAWS ALREADY ON THE BOOKS and once you do that..... THEN we can talk about more laws if they are needed.
They actually get enforced, but the judiciary and current jury system is really letting us down. However laws do not stop crime and until the punishment actually fits the crime things will not get better. My local court is a complete and absolute joke.

They actually get enforced, but the judiciary and current jury system is really letting us down. However laws do not stop crime and until the punishment actually fits the crime things will not get better. My local court is a complete and absolute joke.

Diddo to that brother! Cook County and Will County. :beerchug:

I said it in a different thread months ago... I completely agree with you.. I can't count how many times that gun violations were pleaded out by the DA or dismissed by a judge...

Our judge has become a defense attorney with one advantage; he can determine the outcome of any case. I have thought about reporting him, but I know in my mind that that would blow back on me and end my career. I've had people come before him and plead guilty, and he has told them to leave his court and finds them not guilty. There's cases that I don't even get the chance to testify in. Total BS

Jury nullification is a time honored tradition in teh US, it is the actual last resort to save our rights. Sounds like the judge above should be impeached and removed though. Don't envy you coppers, nobody likes you guys anymore, hell I am even suspicious of you guys now a days, unfair, yep, but our politicians and some chiefs have made the political environment you have to live with. That being said I thank you guys for being out there.

Our judge has become a defense attorney with one advantage; he can determine the outcome of any case. I have thought about reporting him, but I know in my mind that that would blow back on me and end my career. I've had people come before him and plead guilty, and he has told them to leave his court and finds them not guilty. There's cases that I don't even get the chance to testify in. Total BS

Let the word get out about it and let the people hold him accountable, that is what I started doing here locally... When I see the arrest that are made in the local paper I contact folks to call the DA and put pressure on...

Florida also has botched up laws like "Stand Your Ground" that are being manipulated by the "naturally good" American people to kill teenagers that have skittles and a soda.:watching:

Zimmerman will be found not guilty and then will you cry foul same as today?
There's a forty plus page thread around here regarding this and everybody's points as well as our laws here were discussed. See for yourself...

Sandy Oaks did it in a day. Now lets see Chicago top that.:laugh:

You should at least be respectful enough to remember the proper name. SANDY HOOK.
Can't believe nobody caught that?

I didn't want to bring it into the conversation anymore than he already did and dance on dead kids to get a political point across.

Although I know I will get a lot of backlash from this I believe the expansion of background checks for firearms should have gone through. I live in Chicago and the violence out here is ridiculous. Majority of these guns come from outside of the state lines because we have the Background Check system in place. Granted some are stolen or sold to someone who shouldn't have a gun by someone who can purchase one. What good does it do to have the system here if someone can just go beyond state lines to make an illegal purchase. I'm not for taking anyone's (anyone that meets the criteria of owning a firearm) guns away because I have a collection that I take pride in but at least make it more of a balance and checks system to reduce the amount of guns floating around and making it into the hands of someone who has the wrong motives or intent. It has to start somewhere. This subject is near and dear to me because I have lost a lot of friends to gun violence wayyyyyyy before Sandy Oaks or Aurora, Colorado took place. God bless the souls of all of those lost. Just my (entitled to) opinion.

No offense Cappo, but taking away my rights because Chicago can't handle their s*** doesn't cut it....the problem with Chicago is that legal owners are so restricted that they can't take care of their own problems.

Zimmerman will be found not guilty and then will you cry foul same as today?
There's a forty plus page thread around here regarding this and everybody's points as well as our laws here were discussed. See for yourself...

You should at least be respectful enough to remember the proper name. SANDY HOOK.
Can't believe nobody caught that?

So now I'm disrespectful because I said the name wrong? Let's stop the BS. And if you paid any attention and weren't just looking for a opportunity to discredit what I'm saying, you would see that eventually I corrected my mistake in the name. Dance on dead kids to get a political point across Master? Don't try to villianize me or my opinion for an edge up in the convo. My whole point in even entering this thread conversation is built on compassion and sympathy. One kid dying in a school is no better than one dying on the street...I sympathize for them all, DEEPLY. Hell, my opinion on the background checks is built on the loss of all of these souls...from Sandy Hook to Sanford, Florida (Trayvon Martin). The list goes on and that's sad that certain people can't see the correlation between the two. Don't miss the forest, looking at trees...there's a BIGGER PICTURE here.

No offense Cappo, but taking away my rights because Chicago can't handle their s*** doesn't cut it....the problem with Chicago is that legal owners are so restricted that they can't take care of their own problems.

The problem isn't only Chicago...watch the news. I pray that the problem does not visit anyone here's doorstep to make this more of a "hit closer to home" situation for you BUT you shouldn't turn a blind eye because it's not "your problem" and you don't have any personal investment.

And legal owner's aren't the ones dying in the streets of Chicago. But I'm pretty sure you can find their guns behind the deed.

Back