wHAAAAA,waaaahhhhhh, waahhhahhaha (our President on the radio 2 minutes ago)

I believe you have a very valid point. My only thing is the variations of the law from state to state. That alone creates major loopholes and makes it hard for the Laws as they are to work properly. We need some sense of uniformity.

But that wasn't what they tried to pass. But look at the other side. Lets say they establish a national criminal database where are the lines? Do they include traffic issues and medical care? Some states today dont share driving records or at least good behavior awards. The requirements to buy in most states is that you are a resident so the fact VA and NY have different laws really doesn't matter. A NY person who buys a pistol and doesn't register it with their permit is breaking the law. So he can go buy all he wants but bringing it back to NY could land him in jail. A reasonable person is not going to do that and a criminal wont give a darn to begin with.

The problem still boils down to current laws not being enforced as they are. Universally apply what is there in each locality and I bet you see issues start to go away.

But that wasn't what they tried to pass. But look at the other side. Lets say they establish a national criminal database where are the lines? Do they include traffic issues and medical care? Some states today dont share driving records or at least good behavior awards. The requirements to buy in most states is that you are a resident so the fact VA and NY have different laws really doesn't matter. A NY person who buys a pistol and doesn't register it with their permit is breaking the law. So he can go buy all he wants but bringing it back to NY could land him in jail. A reasonable person is not going to do that and a criminal wont give a darn to begin with.

The problem still boils down to current laws not being enforced as they are. Universally apply what is there in each locality and I bet you see issues start to go away.

There are a lot of "reasonable people" who do exactly that to make a quick buck, own something they cant legally own in their state, etc. Now I agree that if the law is enforced it will work but only to a certain degree. You have to catch a criminal to even know he's one. Until then, unregistered guns make it into the wrong hands.

I haven't always been on the right path in life (hence the military choice because I realized so) and I have seen this being done by an average joe-shmo that you couldn't pick out in a crowd.

Cappo, its your choice to be a sheeple, as a Marine I am surprised you feel the need to have the government look after you. I, as a Army guy don't feel that need, I fear my government more than any neighbor I ever had, I trust the American people and their natural goodness, I will not register nor give up my guns, you will see a civil war before that happens on a large scale in this country. Sad, but this is how I see it, I hope you and your fellow travelers realize the risks you're taking by undermining the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. I assure you that any and all enemy of the Constitution (foreign or domestic ) will will never succeed and only cause a lot of bloodshed and needless violence in your quest for utopia.
Its best you keep yourself in Chicago as you might get scared walking around here in Fla where we have 1 million concealed carry gun nuts walking the streets every day.

Fear is not what you hear...and a concealed weapons state is the last of my worries because there I can also carry mine:poke:. Try walking the southside or Westside of Chicago with that attitude. A stroll through the Wild 100's would change that view of natural goodness. I see the world for what it is...good and evil. Maybe if I grew up in your fairy tale of a subdivision that you grew up in and hadn't seen anything of this nature I would view the world as such but I didnt and I know that their are threats out there amongst the "naturally good" American people. Have you seen the news lately:guns:? As I stated before, I am in no way trying to get you to see the world through my eyes, only giving the backdrop for my opinion as it stands.

I felt the same way he's just crying in his beer as the old saying goes. I would like to know who these idiots poll 80-90% supported the background checks that's a bunch of cr*p. These people will say anything to try and pass there agenda. It turns my stomach to even watch the jerk but at least it was fun to hear him cry cause the senate did what the people wanted.

What they do is simply ask a generic question lik if you think background checks for gun purchases is a good idea. Then report 80-90% of the people support background checks for gun purchases to back up their expansion of background checks.

Florida also has botched up laws like "Stand Your Ground" that are being manipulated by the "naturally good" American people to kill teenagers that have skittles and a soda.:watching:

Have family in that sht hole city so I am very familiar with the south side, actually some nicer areas there also, only place I ever golfed where I was the only white guy on the golf course. I still fear my government more than I do the south side hoodlums. I see good in people, you only see bad, you should drink more you might become more optimistic about people, if that doesn't work smoke pot and just watch the world go by.

I felt the same way he's just crying in his beer as the old saying goes. I would like to know who these idiots poll 80-90% supported the background checks that's a bunch of cr*p. These people will say anything to try and pass there agenda. It turns my stomach to even watch the jerk but at least it was fun to hear him cry cause the senate did what the people wanted.

They get those poll results from asking the 12 people in the room when he comes up with brain storms, those are his poll results

If rights needed no governing then we'd have no need for the constitution. Here's a little excerpt to ground that, [According to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, "rights structure the form of governments, the content of laws, and the shape of morality as it is currently perceived."].

Our rights are documented in the Constitution to protect us from the Government, not to protect the Government from us.

Now this is why my opinion is mine...I don't try to force it on anyone. I'm actually a pretty happy person and I have the occasional drink but pot is illegal in IL so I don't partake anymore and you shouldn't be trying to peer pressure me into it.:laugh: I see the good in everyone and love the goodness there but that doesnt blind me to the evil in others.

Have family in that sht hole city so I am very familiar with the south side, actually some nicer areas there also, only place I ever golfed where I was the only white guy on the golf course. I still fear my government more than I do the south side hoodlums. I see good in people, you only see bad, you should drink more you might become more optimistic about people, if that doesn't work smoke pot and just watch the world go by.

And I don't fear my government, I respect it. Nor do I fear any hoodlums because I have no need to being that my past understands and can relate to them.

Cappo same as folks travel outside of Chicago to make an illegal purchase they can purchase inside Chicago illegally.
One already has to go thru a background check when one buys thru a dealer and there is no reason my brother should have to go thru a background check if I give him a gun.
Lets talk sensible measures...

I live in Indiana and I keep hearing about how Chicago's gun problems are our fault.
If that's the case, why don't we have the same type of problems?

Where were all the massive daily shootings and murders in Indianapolis, Lafayette, South Bend, Fort Wayne etc? Let's put it this way, Gary Indiana is one of the biggest ghetto $@#* holes on the planet and yet it doesn't hold a candle to Chicago!

Chicago had 26 people shot this last weekend. Take every major city in Indiana combined and the total murder rate for any recent year is a fraction of what the city of Chicago has.

IL has some of the strictest gun laws but blame has to be put somewhere...time to grasp at straws and blame it on Indiana.

Cappo same as folks travel outside of Chicago to make an illegal purchase they can purchase inside Chicago illegally.
One already has to go thru a background check when one buys thru a dealer and there is no reason my brother should have to go thru a background check if I give him a gun.
Lets talk sensible measures...
I don't know what they would travel inside Chicago to illegally purchase because we have some of the strictest gun laws in the USA. So if your brother is a convicted felon (of some violent crime), he should be able to own a gun? Or maybe he's mentally unstable (like Adam Lanza in Sandy Hook), he should be able to own a gun? He killed the very person he got the gun from although she didn't "give" it to him.

I live in Indiana and I keep hearing about how Chicago's gun problems are our fault.
If that's the case, why don't we have the same type of problems?

Where were all the massive daily shootings and murders in Indianapolis, Lafayette, South Bend, Fort Wayne etc? Let's put it this way, Gary Indiana is one of the biggest ghetto $@#* holes on the planet and yet it doesn't hold a candle to Chicago!

Chicago had 26 people shot this last weekend. Take every major city in Indiana combined and the total murder rate for any recent year is a fraction of what the city of Chicago has.

IL has some of the strictest gun laws but blame has to be put somewhere...time to grasp at straws and blame it on Indiana.

I've never heard of Indiana being at fault for the murder rate in Chicago but I'm not blaming any state at all, I blame a lot of different sources and the 1st of those are in the household...not Indiana.

Kinda lost me with that one Turbo-Torch. And Gary, Indiana has held a candle to Chicago in the recent past, BTW. Have family there and Griffith, Indiana.

Back