If They Come for Your Guns

You know what? I hate to say it, but it makes the reason to own a Barrett's .50 more logical every day. Probably the only weapon currently available for purchase on the market that puts an individual or the populace on semi-equal terms...

"Brave New World" published in 1932 and written by Aldous Huxley.

I read it in 8th grade. That was many years ago but the story rings of truth today.

You know what? I hate to say it, but it makes the reason to own a Barrett's .50 more logical every day. Probably the only weapon currently available for purchase on the market that puts an individual or the populace on semi-equal terms...

A friend of mine has one, and I couldn't belive the 10k price tag!
But for an average shooter...he can hit a stop sign at 480 yards!:laugh:

You can do the same with a 338 Lapua mag and the tactical version is under 2 grand.

With the same amount of damage?:laugh:

Could likely hit it with a 30 0-6 too(and several other "hunting" rifles), just not with near the knock down.

If you're considering the .50 over the .338 lapua or the 30-06 for more "knock down power", just stop hunting....you're not doing it right.

supressed .22lr rifle will be WAY more useful during said zombie apocalypse than a .50....dammit, I've thought out my zombie strategy too damn far :laugh:

No, no, no sir, with .50, you don't have to aim at all, any part of the zombie gets hit, there is no more zombie:laugh:

I also have a S&W 500 magnum with the short 4" barrel, after shooting that, I think the same thing to, point and shoot, bye bye :rofl:

I know, to much walking dead:lol:

yeah, but wouldnt the size/weight of the weapon, and its loud muzzle report make it a liability in that situation?

I figure in a practical zombie shooting scenario (I cant believe I just said that!) a compact lightweight package with decent range (~150 yds give or take would be fine), with little to no report on firing and enough kinetic energy to sufficiently damage a braincase to render a zombie inert would be ideal, hence why I'd offer a .22lr

yeah, but wouldnt the size/weight of the weapon, and its loud muzzle report make it a liability in that situation?

I figure in a practical zombie shooting scenario (I cant believe I just said that!) a compact lightweight package with decent range (~150 yds give or take would be fine), with little to no report on firing and enough kinetic energy to sufficiently damage a braincase to render a zombie inert would be ideal, hence why I'd offer a .22lr

I've killed countless zombies in Black-Ops 1 and 2, and I can tell you from experience:laugh:, You want high capacity fully automatic machine guns!
The Barrett semi auto is only good until they break into where you're held up:laugh:
Get it together people, or be the first to go!

I did take the noise into consideration, that's why I also just received a new remington versa max tactical semi auto shotgun. 8+1, I also just bought a few hundred rounds of 00 buck, when they get close its going to get fun:rofl::rofl:

Oh god, bring the zombies:lol::lol::lol:

I'm probably not gonna last a long time in a zombie world with my guns a blazing attitude, but I'm gonna have fun going down :laugh:

If you're considering the .50 over the .338 lapua or the 30-06 for more "knock down power", just stop hunting....you're not doing it right.

dear sir...i believe we may be hunting something completely different

Back