Obama wants your guns!

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Environmental Protection Agency Reviewing Petition to Ban Lead Bullets | The Weekly Standard

Yeah, the headline is a bit sensational, but this is a pretty bold step for the EPA and the Obama Administration. There have been no decisions, but the fact that they are soliciting opinions means that they are seriously considering it. This would be a brilliant (read:evil) tactical move by the Obama administration if it were to be passed.

And all of it would be completely Constitutional. :banghead:

Wait and see, and watch ammo sales go through the roof.

They've tried similar tactics before using ammo restrictions to make it hard on gun owners. They will eventually pass something through, no doubt about it~!~

Student loans were taken over by Obamaism through the healthcare bill so I see no reason they won't add a 500 page addendum to include some sort of gun control? :dunno:

they can have my lead.....one at a time...:laugh:

Like he said.
They can stand in front of me and I will give them to them one at a time.

As if ammo prices arent already thru the roof.

I would be willing to pay a bit more for them to serialize each and ever bullet itself. When you purchase the ammo the lot # or serial #s assigned to each box and inscribed on back of each bullet would go on a registry, maybe ?
So when they find a gang related or crime related homicide with rnds recovered they could see who and where they came from. I know there are things to work out with this but it is a beginning this Gunnut would entertain.
To ban or tax ammo out of existance will not work with me.

Gun control talk or anything related this yr I dont think a wise idea because politicians are all already under our eye and wary of their jobs.
But I believe the California legislature has already succeeded in banning all lead ammo form being used in hunting there.
Also lead shot from shotguns has been illegal to use for hunting in many districts across the USA for yrs. Steel shot or Bismuth is whats used.

After bullet registry would come ownership limitations. You would put yourself In liability to sell any you purchased.

Like he said.
They can stand in front of me and I will give them to them one at a time.

As if ammo prices arent already thru the roof.

I would be willing to pay a bit more for them to serialize each and ever bullet itself. When you purchase the ammo the lot # or serial #s assigned to each box and inscribed on back of each bullet would go on a registry, maybe ?
So when they find a gang related or crime related homicide with rnds recovered they could see who and where they came from. I know there are things to work out with this but it is a beginning this Gunnut would entertain.
To ban or tax ammo out of existance will not work with me.
Posted via Mobile Device

After bullet registry would come ownership limitations. You would put yourself In liability to sell any you purchased.

Posted via Mobile Device

Just thinking outloud . As I for one think honest folks should be able to own anything which is just about the way it is in Florida .
You can own rocket launchers, machine guns and explosive devices like grenades but I also would 'listen' to reason regarding ability to make it easier to catch ones who need to be caught .
We used to sell alot of ammo at the range I worked at to folks I knew were no good but they had drivers license and were over 21 so I had to give it to them . Should be some middle ground where if your looking at a corpse on the ground and with no other evidence available maybe a serialized bullet would help ?

I would support instant background checks for ammo. It takes literally seconds to run an instant BR check if they set it up properly. Criminals should not have ammo or guns, so there are no liberties being removed that wouldn't already be in place.

Of course the NRA would be up in arms over that, so that won't likely happen.

I would support instant background checks for ammo. It takes literally seconds to run an instant BR check if they set it up properly. Criminals should not have ammo or guns, so there are no liberties being removed that wouldn't already be in place.

Of course the NRA would be up in arms over that, so that won't likely happen.

Yes I would too as long as it's not $8 a call like it is here for guns .
I'm just again thinking out loud.
Many times the only evidence left or found at scene of crime are the bullets recovered , either from victim or objects. If each and every round had a number on the back of it that could be traced back to original purchaser I think alot of folks would think twice before shooting someone or doing a driveby ?

The Instant background check should be electronic and relatively cheap (like a monthly fee for ammo shops.) But nobody seems to want to put the system in place.

The Instant background check should be electronic and relatively cheap (like a monthly fee for ammo shops.) But nobody seems to want to put the system in place.

Yes but its the employees at FDLE that need to get paid for running said check and this is why instant check calls on guns are $8 here in Florida. I imagine it would be same for ammo. So a $2 box of .22s will now cost $10 ?

Unless it can be done online and truly instant than it would still cost something. To do it online would mean we would have to let go alot of state employees and thats a big NO !

That's what I'm talking about, an online instant check. Or an automated telephone check. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Serializing every box of bullets would make the cost go up and prob throw a huge monkey wrench into reloading. Not to mention it can't be done in a fashion that is reliable. Kinda like the proposed law cali had the stamps all brass when fired by the gun basically the manufacturers told them no. Its not feasible to monitor ammo. Background checks would be the best route but criminals buy guns that have felonies so how would that stop them. Just create another undergorund market.
Posted via Mobile Device

Every business has the right to refuse service as I'm aware.
You give up a lot of liberties to own any NFA weapon, explosives, etc. Not really the same boat or topic. If a legal machine gun commits a crime the paper trail is very well documented. Same for all the types of weapons.
Posted via Mobile Device

Serializing every box of bullets would make the cost go up and prob throw a huge monkey wrench into reloading. Not to mention it can't be done in a fashion that is reliable. Kinda like the proposed law cali had the stamps all brass when fired by the gun basically the manufacturers told them no. Its not feasible to monitor ammo. Background checks would be the best route but criminals buy guns that have felonies so how would that stop them. Just create another undergorund market.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're right, it would create an underground market, but the penalties for possessing something as innocuous as a bullet would allow officers to make more arrests. No longer would you have to get the gun, but now you have ammo to use as an arrest tool as well. And if you're caught buying ammo for a felon, same thing applies. With guns, it's not about creating new laws, but enforcing the ones in existence.

This administration will not last past November, just watch and see what happens this November. Get your popcorn and favorite beverage because it's going to get real interesting real fast the closer we get to the elections, especially the day after the elections when we all get to see the Libs/RINOS cry.......det45 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back