They coming for your guns boys!!!

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
some legislator in Pennsylvania just introduced this bill here in PA. the underlined parts are the new portions of the bill... summarized it means in order for you to get licensed to carry....and carry a firearm you MUST purchase...prove and carry with you documentation of a 1,000,000 insurance policy!!! if you don't have the insurance your license to carry is revoked..if caught carrying without the insurance your weapon is to be confiscated... they are taxing and legislating away your rights to bear arms.

Regular Session 2011-2012 House Bill 2693 P.N. 4270 

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

doubt that one holds up if reviewed but would certainly add to the reasons not to live in PA anymore

Okay, just keep a stolen gun, with 3 or 4 homicides on it, with the serial numbers scrapped off and you will be fine ...no way to trace it...you can pick up one of those relatively easy in any trap house...:whistle:

Castle Doctrines like those in Florida and Oklahoma make it illegal to hold the shooter liable civily or criminally for a justified shooting. Glad I dont live in Pennsylvania.

Pa adopted Castle. The more I think about it, that could be nice, having your gun and the insurance to use it. :laugh:

its amazing the lobbying power the insurance companies have behind the scenes.

its all about revenue and just another way to make honest law abiding people pay more fees so some insurance company can line thier pockets with money.

I mean how many people even shoot their gun ever in their lifetime if not at a shooting range? if less than 1% of Police Officers ever discharge their weapon while on duty throughout their career how many civilians will actually discharge their weapon and strike an innocent person?

your much more likely to be killed by a car then a bullet. maybe they shud make car owners all have million dollar umbrella policies....:whistle:

I'm a gun owner and love them but for some reason I think its actual a a good ideal, you need to have some form insurance for just about everything to protect others and their property in the event of damage from the owners misuse, why not fire arms?

(e.1) Liability insurance.--
(1) No individual shall be issued a license under
subsection (e) without providing the licensing authority with
a certificate of liability insurance verifying that the
applicant has a valid insurance policy insuring against harm
or damage that may arise out of the use of a firearm covered
by the license.
(2) The insurance policy shall meet all of the
following:
(i) Be in an amount of at least $1,000,000.
(ii) Satisfy any judgment for personal injuries or
property damages arising out of negligent or willful acts
involving the use of an insured firearm.

I'm a gun owner and love them but for some reason I think its actual a a good ideal, you need to have some form insurance for just about everything to protect others and their property in the event of damage from the owners misuse, why not fire arms?

(e.1) Liability insurance.--
(1) No individual shall be issued a license under
subsection (e) without providing the licensing authority with
a certificate of liability insurance verifying that the
applicant has a valid insurance policy insuring against harm
or damage that may arise out of the use of a firearm covered
by the license.
(2) The insurance policy shall meet all of the
following:
(i) Be in an amount of at least $1,000,000.
(ii) Satisfy any judgment for personal injuries or
property damages arising out of negligent or willful acts
involving the use of an insured firearm.

It's a double edged sword, while I mostly agree, its my responsibility when I get the permit, not the gov job to make me responsible.

you don't get it, nobody could afford the insurance, so nobody could legally buy the gun.....

It's a double edged sword, while I mostly agree, its my responsibility when I get the permit, not the gov job to make me responsible.

True but states have mandates on many things and require that in order to operate or occupy you need insurance, I was just checking around to see whats out there and found a couple of NRA endorsed firearm insurance programs, this isn't a milli and not specific to the PA requirement but I think it's a good thing to have regardless seems beneficial if as a gun owner I screw up.

Excess Personal Liability

Certificate of Coverage

"The NRA Endorsed Insurance Program is one of my favorite NRA benefits! "
Excess Personal Liability provides NRA members extra liability protection when they hunt or shoot.

Most homeowners' policies fall far short of adequate protection for liability claims. With Excess Personal Liability, you'll protect yourself against liability suits up to $250,000 for any injuries you unintentionally cause while hunting or trapping on public or private land.

The National Rifle Association Endorsed Excess Personal Liability plan also protects you while shooting in competitions or at private shooting ranges.

• Provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage caused by the use of a firearm, airgun, bow & arrow or trapping equipment when you are legally obligated for damages.

• Pays most defense costs in addition to liability limit -- even if lawsuit is false

• Liability Limit Options $100,000 up to $250,000

• Optional Self-Defense Coverage available

NRA Endorsed Insurance Program Excess Personal Liability

I cant belive how blind some of you are! its an end around the 2nd admin. price you out of guns! Dam people, wake up!:poke::banghead::poke::banghead:

I dont agree with most laws mandating you have to have ins either. Insurance in general is a big problem in the u.s.

I love how conservative people hate unions but love the nra.

The law hasn't passed, I don't see how its an end to the 2nd amendment either. The brutal truth is most people carrying don't have any business in doing so. Everyone is an elite operator well trained in self defense and a master lawyer in sda's, when in fact most everyone is an amateur and has little understanding of any sda. While I hate to see the government telling anyone one to do anything, with the state of mind of the average person I can understand why laws like this hold water, outside of the insurance lobbyist part.

True but states have mandates on many things and require that in order to operate or occupy you need insurance, I was just checking around to see whats out there and found a couple of NRA endorsed firearm insurance programs, this isn't a milli and not specific to the PA requirement but I think it's a good thing to have regardless seems beneficial if as a gun owner I screw up.

Excess Personal Liability

Certificate of Coverage

"The NRA Endorsed Insurance Program is one of my favorite NRA benefits! "
Excess Personal Liability provides NRA members extra liability protection when they hunt or shoot.

Most homeowners' policies fall far short of adequate protection for liability claims. With Excess Personal Liability, you'll protect yourself against liability suits up to $250,000 for any injuries you unintentionally cause while hunting or trapping on public or private land.

The National Rifle Association Endorsed Excess Personal Liability plan also protects you while shooting in competitions or at private shooting ranges.

• Provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage caused by the use of a firearm, airgun, bow & arrow or trapping equipment when you are legally obligated for damages.

• Pays most defense costs in addition to liability limit -- even if lawsuit is false

• Liability Limit Options $100,000 up to $250,000

• Optional Self-Defense Coverage available

NRA Endorsed Insurance Program Excess Personal Liability

Those 'amateurs' in 1776 won our Nation's freedom...don't sell the general population short.

What Dragon meant is that it is an end run around the 2nd amendment...they never give up, I do not think it will fly here in Pa.

Back