wHAAAAA,waaaahhhhhh, waahhhahhaha (our President on the radio 2 minutes ago)

So now I'm disrespectful because I said the name wrong? Let's stop the BS. And if you paid any attention and weren't just looking for a opportunity to discredit what I'm saying, you would see that eventually I corrected my mistake in the name. Dance on dead kids to get a political point across Master? Don't try to villianize me or my opinion for an edge up in the convo. My whole point in even entering this thread conversation is built on compassion and sympathy. One kid dying in a school is no better than one dying on the street...I sympathize for them all, DEEPLY. Hell, my opinion on the background checks is built on the loss of all of these souls...from Sandy Hook to Sanford, Florida (Trayvon Martin). The list goes on and that's sad that certain people can't see the correlation between the two. Don't miss the forest, looking at trees...there's a BIGGER PICTURE here.

So let me be the one to simmer this back down... I don't think that anyone here wants to see a child die so let's just all agree on that. Cappo I think what you see here are folks in other parts of the country that have guns for many reasons, heck my sone and I went to the pond today when I got home from work and we shot 100 rounds through the pistol (He's pretty good these days). Do you think the problem is the guns or the violence in general? Should we go after the tool or the cause? If you cut the head off the snake it dies so Chicago needs to deal with the root of the issue and that is the gang violence, get to the people causing the crime. Make using a gun in a crime so punishable that no one will want to illegally use a weapon.. See that was simple. But what you see is prosecutors and judges that reduce those sentences for the shooter.

Since violent crime is so bad there with kids and guns I challenge you to tell me how many of the shooters caught had previous weapons chargers or assault charges... seems like that happens a lot. If Chicago want to ban guns and the people want it then great, let the people vote but please don't try to limit my rights in Oklahoma to something that I enjoy with my son because you can't deal with the crime and issues in your own back yard.....

You would think that maybe states with gun violence might look at those states that don't have much and try to figure out why!

Maybe it's the way kids are brought up, respect, work ethics, integrity, honor, and I hate to bring it up but the bible belt seems pretty stable these days....

cap

So let me be the one to simmer this back down... I don't think that anyone here wants to see a child die so let's just all agree on that. Cappo I think what you see here are folks in other parts of the country that have guns for many reasons, heck my sone and I went to the pond today when I got home from work and we shot 100 rounds through the pistol (He's pretty good these days). Do you think the problem is the guns or the violence in general? Should we go after the tool or the cause? If you cut the head off the snake it dies so Chicago needs to deal with the root of the issue and that is the gang violence, get to the people causing the crime. Make using a gun in a crime so punishable that no one will want to illegally use a weapon.. See that was simple. But what you see is prosecutors and judges that reduce those sentences for the shooter.

Since violent crime is so bad there with kids and guns I challenge you to tell me how many of the shooters caught had previous weapons chargers or assault charges... seems like that happens a lot. If Chicago want to ban guns and the people want it then great, let the people vote but please don't try to limit my rights in Oklahoma to something that I enjoy with my son because you can't deal with the crime and issues in your own back yard.....

You would think that maybe states with gun violence might look at those states that don't have much and try to figure out why!

Maybe it's the way kids are brought up, respect, work ethics, integrity, honor, and I hate to bring it up but the bible belt seems pretty stable these days....

cap

I agree with 99.9% of what you just said. The only thing I find puzzling is why everyone thinks that "background checks" will somehow take their guns away. It's not a move to take your weapons...just a validation and confirmation that you are legally and mentally within your rights to own one. That's all. Maybe something else is being said that I'm missing.

One more thing...Chicago was only an example for my opinion. Gun violence is not exclusive to Chicago. And Captain, I agree so wholeheartedly with your final statement in that post above. I try to give back as much as possible and do mentoring here and there or big brother's association type activities but I am only one man.

Give it a rest Cappo, you live your life the way you want to, let others live theirs within the bounds of the constitution, stay safe and be happy.

Give it a rest Cappo, you live your life the way you want to, let others live theirs within the bounds of the constitution, stay safe and be happy.

How many times have I said in this thread that I was merely "stating my opinion" and not trying to change your views. Now that you suddenly have given up on attacking me for giving my opinion, I will give it a rest. God bless you all and ride safe.

the way they worded the background checks left open for registration...no we do NOT want the goverment to KNOW who what were, history tells us why. as for the other part of background checks...ony the goverment says who is ok...look at NY... they violateing rights left and right to get medical records and not even responsibly screening. they going after ANYONE who takes certain meds no matter what thier background or history. what about vets??? all have PTSD and now no longer qualified??... yesterday at a gun rally here in pa a VIETNAM VET very loudly asked why after 21 YEARS he is now determined to be NO LONGER QUALIFIED TO OWN A GUN AND PERMIT REVOLKED?? you are on a slippery slop sir if you think that allowing this goverment to be the ONLY determinant of who is allowed and who is not allowed. give them control...you get CONTROLED!!

I just have to say what?! :rofl:

No results found for frikken:
Did you meanfranken
Dictionary:

Encyclopedia:
# firkin

# Flikken
# fukien

# Frikle
# frocking

# Riken
# broken

# Drakken
# frozen

# Fräkne
# frick

# Ficken
# firemen

# Rekken

Say all those in order starting with Frikken :rofl:

The problem is the way out lovely politicians lump everything together which makes us take the bad stuff with the good items...or vice verse. I for one agree with background check for everyone who buys a gun. I should be able to buy or sell a gun online/private party without going through an FFL who does a background check. I shouldn't be able to walk into a gun show and not be checked. It's the rest of the crap like tracking my weapons and registering what I have with Uncle Sam. I'm sick and tired of our leadership lumping the crap they know damn well they can't get passed by itself with the stuff they know will pass. His forces us to accept something we don't want it pass on something we do want.

I for one agree with background check for everyone who buys a gun.

What about giving a gun to your son or father? How about selling one to your friend who you know is not a felon? I just traded a rifle and some cash for my truck last week, I suspect the guy I traded was legal as he had several other firearms. Should I have had to do a background check on him? People have been buying, selling and trading firearms in this country since it was founded, what happened to personal responsibility and common sense?

I been misspelling it for years and I aint changing.

frickin
378 up, 91 down

An alternative for those of us too classy to use the word "****ing"
This is so frickin awesome!

I just have to say what?! :rofl:

No results found for frikken:
Did you meanfranken
Dictionary:

Encyclopedia:
# firkin

# Flikken
# fukien

# Frikle
# frocking

# Riken
# broken

# Drakken
# frozen

# Fräkne
# frick

# Ficken
# firemen

# Rekken

Say all those in order starting with Frikken :rofl:

The problem isn't only Chicago...watch the news. I pray that the problem does not visit anyone here's doorstep to make this more of a "hit closer to home" situation for you BUT you shouldn't turn a blind eye because it's not "your problem" and you don't have any personal investment.

I've got plenty of a personal investment - a wife and child that is MY (not my government, and not the police's) duty to protect. I'll be damned if I'm going to give that responsibility to anyone else...I wore the uniform of my country for a quarter-century, I totally understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment....sheep, wolf or sheepdog, make up your mind....

What about giving a gun to your son or father? How about selling one to your friend who you know is not a felon? I just traded a rifle and some cash for my truck last week, I suspect the guy I traded was legal as he had several other firearms. Should I have had to do a background check on him? People have been buying, selling and trading firearms in this country since it was founded, what happened to personal responsibility and common sense?

My simple answer is yes...A background check should be performed on the person your trading a weapon with. Not by you, unless you have an FFL. Is the $25 you pay an FFL going to break the deal...No, unless they person comes back bad. Gifting a weapon to a minor should only require a BG check on the adult buying it. If your child is over 18 then a BG check should be done....same for willing a weapon to your family after you're gone. One $25 BG check for all of the weapons is not too much to ask for. I think the rest of what is trying to be passed is total BS.

Lets try enforcing the laws we already have then look at whether this step is needed or not. I personally would like to background check our politicians.

My simple answer is yes...A background check should be performed on the person your trading a weapon with. Not by you, unless you have an FFL. Is the $25 you pay an FFL going to break the deal...No, unless they person comes back bad. Gifting a weapon to a minor should only require a BG check on the adult buying it. If your child is over 18 then a BG check should be done....same for willing a weapon to your family after you're gone. One $25 BG check for all of the weapons is not too much to ask for. I think the rest of what is trying to be passed is total BS.

Lets try enforcing the laws we already have then look at whether this step is needed or not. I personally would like to background check our politicians.

I think the 1st step to fixing anything wrong with our system..be it gun laws, crime, Social Security or whatever is to set term limits and NO more payments for life for politicians . No more special laws for politicians on what they have to participate in or what they can opt out of. If its good for the goose then its good for the gander. In not saying they shouldn't get paid big dollars, they have a huge responsibility and if we want the brightest of the bright then they should get paid a hefty salary......BUT ONLY WHILE IN OFFICE.

I hear ya Charlie , but we pay the best and brightest the biggest dollars on Wall Street, and at the Banks, this has not worked so well either. I prefer jailing anyone that breaks the law and make the laws simpler.

Here is a dumb question: Why do we have to pay for the backgroud checks, when somebody else wants them??? Not that it wouldn't be tax $ anyway...

Back