Went Drag Racing today

In my original post, I stated we do not have a drag track around here. Infact the only type of race track in the area is a mini go-kart track where you can't get out of 1st gear.

Bogus, I know exactly what you have been saying. As far as being on the street, this is all we have. And its not an urban environment, there's no traffic, it's a long (3km) stretch of 2-lane highway with not a soul in sight.

Crashes suck, yes, i'm a paramedic and I get to clean them up first hand.
Glad you are aware of what/where and the variables that can enter the equation..

Mitigating risk is part of the rule set we always had.. After we started really going fast, we found a track that could handle the speeds and got hooked on having help on the spot when things got ugly.. (way to often due to a lot of new stuff getting tried out)

Lot of respect for first responders... nothing better to see coming over the hill than that big old bread box with flashing lights...

Thanks bogus, wasn't aware we had that. Although it is a 3 hour drive from here.. I'll have to go do some slaughtering!

Thanks bogus, wasn't aware we had that. Although it is a 3 hour drive from here.. I'll have to go do some slaughtering!
laugh.gif

My first trip to the drag strip was probably the typical visit...

Show up with my "hot rod" thinking how fast it was... you find out in rather short order that not only are you not that fast, but you are almost the slowest guy there... yuk......

Every person you line up against whoops you silly off the line and if you are lucky, you gun them down on the big end... (well until you find out that the starting line means as much as the finish line)

This "someone is always faster" never goes away.. we ran a rather snappy AA/FA (still the fastest on record BTW for a late model) but got smoked on a regular basis as a nitro funnycar..

make sure you take your camera with you... that first trip goes by awful fast... but will be the most fun you have had going fast I hope...

PM "Professor" for some good info on setting up your bike for that first trip... well worth the effort..

Back