Went Drag Racing today

Need a 14 in that mix too....
firedevil.gif
you can run my zx14 anytime you feel froggy ...
fight.gif

beerchug.gif
I'm sure I can arrange the massacre of your 14.
whistling.gif

I'm not feelin froggy either, I just know what I can do.

I hope that 14 has a turbo plus a dry shot and can run 6s without blowing to bits. That's the only way you are getting ahead on a Cow.

What would you call it then Wheelie?
Sounds like drag racing to me... 2 bikes, side by side, run em to the finish. Pretty simple... Maybe the lack of a "Tree" or some track officials has some people confused...

If someone wants to line-up against you, then they get what they get... If someone complains afterwards, that usually means they lost... Ever hear the winner complain about it not being a fair race
rock.gif
pillepalle.gif

Keep doin' your thing Hoo.. Have FUN and be SAFE Bro....
cool.gif

beerchug.gif

Since my Lexicon Universal Encyclopedia states that "Drag Racing" is a race between "Automobiles", with no mention of motorcycles, then it must be whatever you want to call it...
fight.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

I call this roll racing no real skill involved. try it from a dead stop and see who wins it's all in the clutch hand. By the way rolls are for dinner not racing.

What would you call it then Wheelie?
Sounds like drag racing to me... 2 bikes, side by side, run em to the finish. Pretty simple... Maybe the lack of a "Tree" or some track officials has some people confused...

If someone wants to line-up against you, then they get what they get... If someone complains afterwards, that usually means they lost... Ever hear the winner complain about it not being a fair race
rock.gif
pillepalle.gif

Keep doin' your thing Hoo.. Have FUN and be SAFE Bro....
cool.gif

beerchug.gif
by its very nature, street racing is dangerous and kills a load of people every year... really a shame actually.. Have lost some really talented riders/drivers to that mess over the years...

call it what you like but most of the real complaints come from those that lost kids or friends to the sport..

http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/

I don't know if you guys are jealous, or if you're just plain a--holes. I thought i'd share a story of some fun we had lining up bikes and seeing how they fared. I DID do a race from a stop, btw. To me drag racing is a style: straight line acceleration. Road Racing means a track with turns in it. Street racing implies stop-light to stop-light shenanigans.

To the people that can nod and say "good stuff, have fun, be safe" -- Thanks guys, thats the spirit!

To the rest: F*ck you. Quit talking big about "this could beat that" and "thats not real draggin" and such. Grow a pair, go out, and race some bikes yourself then.

I don't know if you guys are jealous, or if you're just plain a--holes. I thought i'd share a story of some fun we had lining up bikes and seeing how they fared. I DID do a race from a stop, btw. To me drag racing is a style: straight line acceleration. Road Racing means a track with turns in it. Street racing implies stop-light to stop-light shenanigans.

To the people that can nod and say "good stuff, have fun, be safe" -- Thanks guys, thats the spirit!

To the rest: F*ck you. Quit talking big about "this could beat that" and "thats not real draggin" and such. Grow a pair, go out, and race some bikes yourself then.
Dude, im not haten, just sayin its not a drag race, yes a roll on race does take skill to be at the best rpm and right gear when the flag is dropped, if you are ever in the Dallas Texas area come by Kennedale drag strip, im there almost every Sunday evening, #517 on the Orange 08.

wee

rofl.gif
cool.gif

Just got in from a great ride, was taking a drink of water and this made me spit my water out !!!!
beerchug.gif

It's funny how some people will slam you for various things you say on this board, then you will see them saying they did something similiar in another thread !!!!
rofl.gif
Like anyone with a Busa (or any sportbike) has never cracked the throttle out on the highway and jumped her up over the speed limit before... Fuk em' Hoo, go do your thing and get your drag on Brutha !!! Just pick the safest place you can and be careful.....
beerchug.gif

rofl.gif

beerchug.gif

Need a 14 in that mix too....
firedevil.gif
you can run my zx14 anytime you feel froggy ...
fight.gif

beerchug.gif
I'm sure I can arrange the massacre of your 14.  
whistling.gif

I'm not feelin froggy either, I just know what I can do.

I hope that 14 has a turbo plus a dry shot and can run 6s without blowing to bits. That's the only way you are getting ahead on a Cow.
All i have to is be ahead of you ...
laugh.gif

well as you kids so kindly put the f bomb down so easily...

after you loose enough friends over the years to street races (my count is way into double digits) you might figure out that a few guys here are just aiming you towards a longer riding career.. There are other forums that cater to street racing anyway..

Birdy may encourage your street races but that is just a clue as to his age.. I would hope you find a good track locally and start working on your skills ( you would be amazed how lousy you really are when put into a controlled environment)

Everyone throttles up their bikes on the streets (why own the thing if you are not) but making sport of it will probably end badly... just hate to see you have to deal with a crash or lost friends..

Jaunts into triple digits for fun have a time and place but street racing really proves very little... But hey, what ever cranks your cork.. if you want to race for real, bring it on down, more than happy to see what you really have...

just an old crew chief trying to preserve the driver pool....

after you loose enough friends over the years to street races (my count is way into double digits) you might figure out that a few guys here are just aiming you towards a longer riding career..  There are other forums that cater to street racing anyway..

Birdy may encourage your street races but that is just a clue as to his age..  I would hope you find a good track locally and  start working on your skills ( you would be amazed how lousy you really are when put into a controlled environment)  

Everyone throttles up their bikes on the streets (why own the thing if you are not)  but making sport of it will probably end badly...  just hate to see you have to deal with a crash or lost friends..  

Jaunts into triple digits for fun have a time and place but street racing really proves very little...   But hey, what ever cranks your cork..  if you want to race for real, bring it on down, more than happy to see what you really have...

+1 Well stated .. Get off the street and get to the track !!
thumb_up.gif

In my original post, I stated we do not have a drag track around here. Infact the only type of race track in the area is a mini go-kart track where you can't get out of 1st gear.

Bogus, I know exactly what you have been saying. As far as being on the street, this is all we have. And its not an urban environment, there's no traffic, it's a long (3km) stretch of 2-lane highway with not a soul in sight.

Crashes suck, yes, i'm a paramedic and I get to clean them up first hand.

after you loose enough friends over the years to street races (my count is way into double digits) you might figure out that a few guys here are just aiming you towards a longer riding career.. There are other forums that cater to street racing anyway..

Birdy may encourage your street races but that is just a clue as to his age.. I would hope you find a good track locally and start working on your skills ( you would be amazed how lousy you really are when put into a controlled environment)

Everyone throttles up their bikes on the streets (why own the thing if you are not) but making sport of it will probably end badly... just hate to see you have to deal with a crash or lost friends..

Jaunts into triple digits for fun have a time and place but street racing really proves very little... But hey, what ever cranks your cork.. if you want to race for real, bring it on down, more than happy to see what you really have...

bowdown.gif

You finally got me figured out... I'm just a kid, not a guy who is sick of someone else imposing their beliefs and standards on me and everyone else and then judging them by said standards...

Have a good life man...
winkold.gif

Back