Went back to the track last night 9.59@145

twinvipers

Registered
Only thing I changed from last time was rear tire pressure. Went from 30psi to 18psi
60' was 1.62

Next I will drop it front and rear with triple clamp and go to last notch on links. Stock wheel base 08 with air shifter pipe and PC. strapped. rider is 210 suited.
Brocks brick also(might take it out)

After that I am going 2 inches over with a Mcintosh arm and Marcesini's.

Any thoughts

thanks again to the guys on this forum for all your input.

Nice job! We went last night and the best I could manage was a 10.25/140 with a 1.8 60. The track was real cold. Im 240# stock w/b, strapped w/adj links in rear.
Why are thinking of taking the brick off? I want to try the brick in spring. Im still lifting the front in the top of 1st. then i spin in 2nd if i shift during the rise. Im still foot shifting.

That seems quick and with more runs + suspension adjusting after you get your parts you should expect better times...I wish I was running what you are...it takes practice

just curious how you launch...is it rather hard pulling the front up / with most of the load on the back or easing the clutch out and leaving smooth?

Nice job! We went last night and the best I could manage was a 10.25/140 with a 1.8 60. The track was real cold. Im 240# stock w/b, strapped w/adj links in rear.
Why are thinking of taking the brick off? I want to try the brick in spring. Im still lifting the front in the top of 1st. then i spin in 2nd if i shift during the rise. Im still foot shifting.
I
think I lost a little over a mphnwith the brick and want to see if ican still 60 the same without it. How much air in in your rear tire? Do you do a burnout? Thanks man

That seems quick and with more runs + suspension adjusting after you get your parts you should expect better times...I wish I was running what you are...it takes practice

just curious how you launch...is it rather hard pulling the front up / with most of the load on the back or easing the clutch out and leaving smooth?

I actually leave at about 3k and almost just dump the clutch. Very little slipping it at all. Thanks

Last edited:
hey went saturday night and talk about a fluke, most of the time I can run mid 10s , saturday I got a 9.98 141.9 mph all stock front strap, r77 full system some ecu changes,

have you tried slipping it?

wee

It was only the third time at the track with it. I have tried slipping it but this seems to work best for me so far. Pretty happy with 1.62 60's for now. My biggest problem is getting it full throttle in first gear as she just wants to lift the front way too high. In Two weeks it will be lowered to the last holes in the links and the triple will be on. Probably go 2-3 inches over with extensions for now.

Twinvipers, you are doing really well for stock wheelbase, mph is about right for that ET. 1.62's is good too, that will come down a bit as your confidence grows. Play with slightly higher launch revs and slip the clutch a bit more than you are, see what happens. Have fun.

Twinvipers, you are doing really well for stock wheelbase, mph is about right for that ET. 1.62's is good too, that will come down a bit as your confidence grows. Play with slightly higher launch revs and slip the clutch a bit more than you are, see what happens. Have fun.

Thanks Chunk

Appreciate it and will try slipping the clutch a bit more.

??? ACTUALLY THAT WILL CAUSE BIGGER WHEELIES AT THE TOP OF FIRST..

BY NOT KNOWING HOW YOUR SHOCK IS SET-UP,SEEMS YOUR OVER AGGRESSIVE DROP IN TIRE PRESSURE COULD BE A PROBLEM.GO UP ON IT,AND YOU'LL GAIN BACK MPH.25PSI TO START.
MAYBE TRY A COUPLE CLICKS OUT (LEFT) ON YOUR REBOUND AND COMPRESSION ON THE REAR SHOCK AS WELL..
YOUR LAUNCH RPM AND CLUTCH "THROW" ARE PERFECT!! SAME AS I DO.:thumbsup:
ALSO I WOULDN'T WORRRIE WITH "NOW" PERFORMANCE,WHEN YOU'R ABOUT TO CHANGE THE SET-UP..:beerchug:

For only your third trip to the strip that is a good time. REALLY GOOD!

My setup on an '08 is this:

Lowered 3rd hole on rear.

Forks slid up 1" and strapped.

SWB

-1 front sprocket

Schnitz ECU tune with 1st Gen Akro.

Cycle-Tek airshifter controlled through the ECU.

On the stock rear shock I turn the rebound screw all the way in and the compression screw all the way out. When you launch it lets the rear squat and not come back up.

30psi on a Pilot Race soft roadcourse take off. 8-10 second burnout every run.

Brocks modded clutch.

I leave at 5500rpm. I was leaving at 3000rpm but when I bumped it up to 5500, I found that the bike gets in the power faster.

I am about 180lbs suited.

I run 1.59 60's
9.35@153mph

I was a little faster on the spray but that didn't work out to well. ??? LOL!!! BOOM!

Try a 3000 rpm launch, snap the clutch out 95% while pinning the throttle...It takes near perfect timing, but when you do... 1.48-1.50 60fts.. 9.2's are possible (I am 240 suited)...

Back