Went to the strip last night

Rich

Registered
Well I finally went out to the strip (for the first time with in the last 14 months) last night.  The mods are, stretched 5"'s, lowered 2"'s in the back, 1.25 in the front (also strapped), full yosh 4-2-1 exhaust, airbox mod, pair removed, PCIIIr, I also have a 40 shot and the air shifter (I did not use last night)  Well I got about 12 passes last night 10 of them were between 11.0's to 11.4's and I had 2 10.9's (10.94, 10.95)  I was not used to launching I finally got the reaction times down to .15's and but my 60 ft times sucked.  I was getting 2.3's, and 2.4's I could not hook up I was babing 1st and when I hit second I would spin second.  The best run was 1.5 reaction, 2.3 60 ft, 10.94 1/4 @ 142.76.  I did not thing about it on all of the 11 second runs but I did not check my tire pressure.  I was at 48
rock.gif
 I don't know why it was that high (heat maybe)  so I let it down to 30 and ran the 10.94.  I am going to start going atleast 2 fridays per month.  I am going to go again this friday (a bonus to the 2 per month
biggrin.gif
) Don't beat me up to much. I am going to try to use the airshifter next week and once I get used to launching then I will worry about the N2O.  I am going to try 30psi again and then put my butt all the way back against the hump to try to get some weight over the tire.   Being strapped would not come close to coming up.  Any pointers or see anything that I am doing wrong.  I need to get used to coming out of the hole harder I know that.

<!--EDIT|Rich
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088278636 -->

Looking good rich wish i coulda busted 10's my first night just a low 11 oh well better luck next time and like you i need to get launches better i had no problems with hook up at all so i just need better clutch release i think i let it out to fast and bogged mine
wink.gif

Ya I hear ya Midnight. I need to get quicker on the launches. I am going to go again this Friday for sure. I will let you know how I do. I just need to slip the clutch faster. I am babying it to much!

The longer you stretch your bike,

you'll need a better tire for traction.

My first time at www.SacramentoRaceway.com

My stock Busa, I went 9.91 @ 141 MPH. fast track !

Every where else it only goes 10 seconds . . .

Bring it to the track on August 14, 2004 with NMRA . . .

Go to www.NMRAonline.com for more info.

Red, *<(:{)-

shinko is the bomb for being a street/strip tire

Alright thanks guys, I am talking to a local bike shop today. I am going to start going to the track alot and am going to be going through clutches and all of the other stuff that you would normally go through. So they are going to supply me with all of the stuff at cost
biggrin.gif
. I am going again this friday and am going to try to come out of the hole harder and get the WOT as soon as I release the clutch. I will let you guys know the results. Thanks for the info.

i still have yet to take my clutch cover off... stock '02 clutches, 7500 miles, 300+ 1/4mi passes.....

you only use your clutch to launch. if you let it out quick it wont wear much. if you slip and feed the clutch too much, you will use them up fast, and your 60' times will suck.

Hey Red, you're from SoCal and was curious if you ever ran at Famoso Raceway? They will be having test and tunes on July 9th from 6 pm til about 11. I will be there trying to break into the 9's with my stock busa as well. You should go, as bikers usually get about 10 runs per night.

And Rich, don't worry. I too managed a 11.2 @ 135 with a 2.1 60' my first run on the Busa. It was my first time down the track on a bike, so it was nerve wrecking. Been to the track 3 times thus far and have managed a best of 10.38 @ 137 with a 1.77 60' (not getting on the throttle sooon enough). You'll get much faster as you hit the tracks more. Good luck!

truth = 1st time out, I busted 10.56 on my busa, not stretched.
k&n, PCIIIusb, custom mapping, yoshi tri-oval F/S, links, strapped (only for that day)
I hit a few very very low 11's but that was early on.

eh, I felt like the track was the same thing as the streets
tounge.gif

that video of that dude on the ZX-10 with just the pipe and pcIII doing 9's was sick.

Thanks for the replies, I went again last night and I brought my times down I hit a best of 10.57 @ 140 (60 ft time 2.0). So I came down from a 10.9 and a 2.4 60 ft. I was satisfied with how it was launching, I lowered the tire pres to 18, (that is what I have seen on the board. It did not spin at all. So I am just going to practice the launch and try to get better on the 60 ft.

Hey Red, you're from SoCal and was curious if you ever ran at Famoso Raceway? They will be having test and tunes on July 9th from 6 pm til about 11. I will be there trying to break into the 9's with my stock busa as well. You should go, as bikers usually get about 10 runs per night.

And Rich, don't worry. I too managed a 11.2 @ 135 with a 2.1 60' my first run on the Busa. It was my first time down the track on a bike, so it was nerve wrecking. Been to the track 3 times thus far and have managed a best of 10.38 @ 137 with a 1.77 60' (not getting on the throttle sooon enough). You'll get much faster as you hit the tracks more. Good luck!
RG, I raced in Bakersfield when Prostar was out west . . .

I won Supergas way back in 1999 on my ZX11 . . .

Will the track let the NMRA race there in 2005 ?

Check into it if you could & let me know . . .

I'm working on a schedule for them.

Anything you could do will help.

Thank you kindly,

According to Famosraceway.com, they only had one motorcycle event this year which was the AHDRA back in May. I'll ask around next friday when I'll be there if they will be having any NMRA events for 2005, but I doubt they'll know though.

According to Famosraceway.com, they only had one motorcycle event this year which was the AHDRA back in May. I'll ask around next friday when I'll be there if they will be having any NMRA events for 2005, but I doubt they'll know though.
Cool, thanks for asking . . .

Last year I asked if we could have an event there,

as you can see, they chose the Harleys over everything else .

Perhaps we can get the ball rolling for 2005, thanks again .

Back