Well its about that time!

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Break-in is done
smile.gif

Chicken strips are thinner

I am still very happy with my purchase, I am entirely confident that I made the right choice in motorcycles,  I hope the Busa keeps me happy for many years to come...

Now its that time...I can officially ride it like I stole it and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will do just that when the time is right.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114224454 -->

beerchug.gif

...How come I dont see any pictures about the chicken stripes that you are talking about
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

Nice to meet you today James, sorry I forgot your name and had to use your screen name. Today is the first time I had her off the stands and out since October 04', yeah you heard right. Anyways thanks for the air and I put in a nice 200 mile ride down Chuckanut, hwy 20, hwy 9 (4 times), and then up north. Finally broke in my toe sliders on my new boots but didn't get to touch the knee down to knick up those pretty new knee sliders. Me and bessy are still reaquanting ourselves after 6 months apart. Let me know when you want to hit SIR or go for a ride!
smile.gif

Congrats man!

How closely have you followed the breakin procedure? I've had mine 2 weeks.

Got 400 miles on it so far, and I'm having serious difficulty with my right wrist......

I kept it below 5500 for the first 150 mi's, and I don't think I've gone much past 7500 to date. (140mph in 5th) My local dlr tells me I won't hurt it.... waddaya think?

Congrats man!  

How closely have you followed the breakin procedure?  I've had mine 2 weeks.  

Got 400 miles on it so far, and I'm having serious difficulty with my right wrist......

I kept it below 5500 for the first 150 mi's, and I don't think I've gone much past 7500 to date.  (140mph in 5th)  My local dlr tells me I won't hurt it....  waddaya think?
Hi, well there seems to be a lot of opinions on this subject but IMO following the manual for the most part is not a bad idea....I kept it under 5500 rpms for the most part but I did run it a few times up to red-line...say 6-7 instances. After 500 miles I took it up to 8K often and still limited my red-lines to only a few times...probably 5 instances or so. So all told I followed the manual less a dozen revs.

I changed the oil at 150 miles and changed the oil and filter @ 550 miles. I will probably change it again @ 1500 miles.

Back