Well it looks like its that time

jetset

Registered
I held off for two years but now I have succombed to the temptation.
Well it looks like I'm going to move on.I'm selling my Suzy-Q she means alot and we've been everywhere together.
So the BUSA is up for sale it has a ton of extras. She's a 2000 Blue and Silver WHAT A BEAUTY it sad that she has to go but I got to make room for my new girl.She's not here yet but she will be arriving around March 2006. Her name NINA(2006 ZX-10)I don't know why but I have to do it.  
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|jetset
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119918895 -->

Naw I've been hanging around here for a while met a lot of good people and got alot of good info.I will be sticking around.
beerchug.gif

I want a 1K so bad I can taste it, but I am waiting until I am in a position to keep both rides. Can't part with the Busa.

I want a 1K so bad I can taste it, but I am waiting until I am in a position to keep both rides. Can't part with the Busa.[/QUOTE]
Thats how I felt then I bought my FJR 1300 and I have my distance bike I've had my BUSA for 5 years its time.

One more person has gone over to the dark side ...

tounge.gif

Congrats on your new bike bro... finally, you gotta ride what makes you happy
biggrin.gif

The grass isn't always greener guys.........I went the other way, sold a 03 GSX-R1000 and bought a new busa. The performance between the two is very close, but to me the biggie is the difference in comfort. I'll never go back to liter bikes! I luv my bus!!

Me, I'm exactly the opposite. I love my busa. She is a beautiful 05 LE. I have owned her for a couple of months now and she has 300 miles on the OD. I also have an 05 Gixxer and it has 6K miles on her. The busa is a great all around bike but as far as the fun factor goes, the gixxer has the nod from me. It's just as fast as the busa, much more agile, wheelies are so easy on the gixxer it makes me want to ride every where on the rear tire, great track bike and for me, the gixxer is just as comfy as the busa. I won't be getting rid of my busa but I'm in lust with my gixxer :-)

For those of you who have not been on the new gixxer, don't ride one unless you are ready to buy! It doesn't matter which liter bike you ride, they are all fun. I'm just partial to the gixxer.

Sad day indeed, but you'll soon get over it when you start curving those back roads and earth shattering speeds. Just don't ride for longer than 50 miles though. Your bung may be stuck to your seat LOL. Can't wait to see pics of your new baby when it arrives.

Gotta do what you gotta do ... but i have the same question ... how did you pick the ninja over the other liter bikes??

Gotta do what you gotta do ... but i have the same question ... how did you pick the ninja over the other liter bikes??
I'm betting it's riding position. The 10R has the most "down in the bike instead of on top of it" feel of all the litres. Reminds me of how I used to sit down in the busa. On the R1 especially, and pretty much on the 1000RR, I feel like the seat is just about flush with the top of the gas tank when I'm sittin' on it.

On the 10 I feel like I'm pivoting around the tank on the seat. On the R1, Honda I felt like I was sliding around above the bike just sittin' on them and moving around on them at the dealers and the show. The '05 Gixx felt better in that respect for me in that I felt like I was more down in the bike, but flicking it back and forth and just moving around on both, the gixx felt sort of "top heavy" for lack of better words. I'm speaking relatively here though. It didn't feel "heavy" in any way, it just felt like it carried it's weight higher on the chassis than the 10.

At the time I was dead set against the tail styling and the can on the gixx so it was a no go even if it had felt as good as the 10. At this point though, all that has grown on me and it would be a harder decision to make. I'm 99% certain I'd still buy the 10 over the gixx, but the gixx has definitely moved up the ladder with me.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119940429 -->

What made you decide to get a ZX-10R instead?[/QUOTE]
DON"T GET ME WRONG I LOVE MY BUSA this is a very hard decision the BUSA was my first off brand.All of my bikes have been Kawi's,except the first Honda and my last two Suz and Yam.My decision came from a chat with another BUSA owner(I was ready anyway) who's name I will not mention and its time to move on.
I rode a ZX-10 and well it got my d**k h**d the twisties were quite different I'm not saying the BUSA can't handle because those of you who rode with me know different.But it was a different expirence.I liked it ,I see myself at the track more.I havn't stayed on it for hours but I will once i get it just remember I can always get another BUSA if things don't work out.

Great news Jet I hope it is everything you are expecting from it. Don't disappear on us and stay around.

Back