Well, I'm alive...


Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Just dropping in here to let you guys all know that my hip surgery went well, and I'm back home.

The surgery was on Thursday the 26th at 9am and I didn't get home until Monday the 30th at like 6pm. I had some issues with physical therapy and my blood pressure dropping (causing me to faint, etc.) They got it all sorted out sometime around Sunday morning and by the end of the day Sunday I was ready to get started home. P/T wanted me to have a couple more visits on Monday before they "cleared" me so that's why it took me so long to get home.

Pain-wise, I'm doing ok. Yesterday I walked with crutches outside for about a block or so, and I went up and down the stairs in the house. (from the first level to the basement and back) All seems to be going well.. I've been a little out of it, not so much from pain meds as it is from anxiety. I had a couple issues in the hospital involving anxiety attacks and they've followed me home a little. It's kind of hard to explain, but I'm not too worried about it.

The hip itself feels good, any pain I'm having is from the incision aching and just all around muscle aches. The strength in my leg is coming back very good and I believe I already might have more strength in it than I did the day before the surgery.

P/T will be coming to my house twice a week and we'll be working on getting me up and around more since I can't put more than 50% of my weight on that hip which makes getting around a little weird. But I'm doin' it. :thumbsup:

I wanted to take a second to give a shout out to the people on here that have been contacting me through this whole experience. You all know who you are. It means the world to me, and feels great to have friends that I feel would honestly do as much as my real family yet live thousands of miles away. I appreciate the texts, phone calls, emails, Facebook messages, cards, etc. Hopefully someday I can return the favor. :beerchug:

Again, thank you all for the well wishes, and hopefully I'll be back on here a little more frequently soon.
I live with crippling anxiety all day every day. It sucks. Maybe the doc can give you some Xanax temporarily? It has made my life livable. Glad you are doing better hang in there.
What the heck, I had no idea Bots... Glad to hear that your doing well... I need to go get caught up..
Glad to hear you are doing well physically! Good luck with the anxiety!
Glad to hear your home and doing ok. :thumbsup:

I'll have to get those Moonpies in the mail to you now. :laugh:
Yea glad your doing well buddy. I didn't want to have to come take your busa from you :laugh: all I can say is do what they tell you but don't over do it.
Glad you are home and doing well.

Sent from my Jeep using smoke signals.
I think the anxiety is from the threat of Vabs coming to help with the physical therapy!!
How long you got to do PT? When you get the anxiety check your pulse, take a deep breath and tell yourself you are alive all is good.
Good to hear from ya!
Take care and hope you are back on 2 soon!
Sounds Great!
Take your time, you will be fine, my 80 year old mother had one done last year, and she says it is the best thing she did!
Glad you are doing well, DON'T PUSH YOURSELF TO HARD! Like stated before... Do as instructed! :rulez:
glad to hear you are on the mend...let us know if there is anything you need other than getting VaB's under control, we gave up on that a long time ago :laugh:
Good news! You'll be right as rain in no time...in time to shovel snow! :laugh: Glad to hear it went well and you are on the mend.