I'm soooo tired...

TruWrecks

Banned
I'm tired of hurting.
I'm tired of having to take drugs to dull the pain.
I'm tired of being jerked around for the last five years by doctors.
I'm tired of not being able to do what I enjoy.
I'm tired of not being able to go for a ride.
I'm tired of being trapped because of the pain.
I'm tired of watching life pass me by as I lay here trying not to hurt.
I'm tired of the pain I've been living with almost every day for the last sixteen years, and worse over the last 7 months.
I'm tired of not having any family nearby to visit with and talk to.

I'm tired and I don't see a light at the end of a very dark tunnel. There is little hope. Tomorrow will mean more pain, and more drugs to control the pain trapping me in my prison I call home.

I will be calling the VA tomorrow to light a fire under their asses. I shouldn't be waking up every day feeling like I'm 80 when I'm only 38. If something major changes it could at least give me some hope. It will give me something to look forward to enjoying.

I'm just tired.

I'm here for you anytime. I can't begin to imagine the kind of pain you describe. PM me anytime you need to talk or just beat someone up :thumbsup:

Hope things turn around for you soon brother :thumbsup:

I feel for you. I haven't personally been through the rope with the VA and the constant pain you describe, But I have witnessed it first had with my father.

The research my mother had to do in order to help my father get proper medical care was tremendous. Not saying they they do give good medical care,just you get better if you have background knowledge of your illness/injuries. One trip to the VA was an all day experience. That alone can drive a person insane.

Take care,be strong. There's others who understand what you going through.

Don't give up Bro...for me it's been 7+ months, not as long...nor as bad as your back pain. But I know the feeling...tired of the pain, wanting to be healthy again. Hang in there :rulez:

I'm so sorry your going through this. I understand the pain you are going through. I hope and pray the doctors will get you the relief you deserve.

Not having a support system to help you through this is definitely not good. I don't know what treatments you have gone through. I have a couple of herniated disks in my neck, which isn't nearly as bad as having them in the lower back. Traction and physical therapy have been able to keep me functional and off meds. An inversion table may help take some of the pressure off of your lumbar. Best wishes and hopes for a quick recovery. Back pain sucks.

((((hugs)))) and prayers is all I can offer and a sympathetic ear (or eyes to read the forum). :) I would read up on everything you can for your condition and on the rules for the VA as well. I think the VA could be a WHOLE lot better in their procedures to treat and help people, but it is gov run and I wont go any farther with that statement. The only thing that helps me is using the exercises that the PT gave me years ago for my disc problems, heat (relaxes the muscles), cold (helps reduce inflammation of the disc), my husband torchering me by rubbing the knots out of my back and my kitty Phoenix jumping on my upper back and kneading her paws on my shoulders (12 lbs and very strong). :)

Another thing that helped the first time I had a bulging disc was going to a Chiropractor
who did spinal decompression. Basically it is a table they strap you down on and it is broken into three sections and those sections "gently" move back and forth to help stretch out your spine so to take the pressure off the disc and help it move back into place. Don't know if that would be an option for someone who has fused disc.

New back pain therapy guidelines issued - UPI.com

mybacksolution.com - How I healed my herniated disc without surgery Long read, but had a lot of great advice!!

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!!!

Prayers sent for you to get some relief and get to feeling better.

Truwreck, Hey u ;) I understand your pain, we are both in the same boat, I have been in pain since 06, when a driver (speeding) 50mph hit me. I had to have 3 surgys, both of my rotor cuff (both arms) had to be reconstructed. My neck now has screws in it holding it together, Im tired also sweetie, we just have to hang in,and do are best everyday. My body feels like its 90yrs old also, I just thank god i can still walk.Prayers sent to you,keep ur chin up man, it will get better.. Im here for ya if u need me.. feel better u. ;):angel: Hey, dont give up , dont let it get you down...

Ouch.....feeling your pain, m8 !
I've lived with chronic lower back pain for the last 22 of my 40 years (cracked 2 v/brae & 2 recurring disc bulges). Inversion table helps heaps as well as occasional d/tiss. massage.
I still do everything i love to do (ie: ride and skydive).....I just try to keep the mind STRONG (meditation & self-hypnosis)>>> It works for me !!
I hope you can find some peace soon, m8........STAY STRONG, bro ! :yes:

Wow brother, I wish there was something I could do to help ease your burden. I can only offer a prayer and some advice, I have been through many painful experiences and health crisis' in my 59 yrs. Some have left me with recurring pain but for me the worst is the daily depression. But you get through each day knowing that the next will be better, no matter how infinitesimal it does get better. Hang in there and don't hesitate to reach out to friends, family and your Hayabusa brotherhood.

Back