I'm soooo tired...

I'm in limbo while I wait for the VA to do something. The weather is gorgeous right now. I have the FJR in the garage ready to ride. I guess laying here listening to the bikes go by a few blocks away pushed me over the edge. I have a few friends to stop in and help if I need it, but it makes things worse because they're riding.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks for letting me vent.

I talked with the Neurosurgeon at the VA today. I was polite, but very blunt with him about how I felt. He is going to order another MRI to get a better look at the damage. He's also requesting that the pain clinic does two shots to see if cortisone will help. After that he will make an appointment to review surgical options for both discs.

I feel a bit better since it sounded like he is taking me very seriously now. :thumbsup:

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully it's not a train. :whistle:

If you have good insurance or can afford it, get to Mayo Clinic. I had an irritated femoral nerve in my upper thigh, and all the previous docs thought it was my disks--even after a lot of MRI work.

The Mayo docs did an electrical (120 v!) nerve-conduction test and found the real problem.

I was on Percocet for a year. Took ~1.5-2 mg every 2 hrs. Took ~90% of the pain away. Pain finally went away on its own. Didn't get hooked on Perky at all, and I didn't have to take more and more for the pain relief.

But, must eat prunes!

Back