Weird insurance quote

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
so most of you know I bought the new bike.. .figured it was a good time to go insurance shopping since I feel like AIG is raping me on the busa (was 680 yr full coverage, jumped to 1,200 because of 1 ticket?
rock.gif
)

called around whatnot pricing both bikes and such..

decided I was gonna drop the busa to liability only and full on the new bike so thats what I was checking..

progressive... completely insane $3,000+
AIG - $2,200 slightly insane
GIECO - $1,500 a rip off.. but I don't like not having full coverage on something so new.

and I called dairyland...

I thought I could handle any quote without batting an eyelash or being overly shocked.. I was wrong.

liability on the busa, and full coverage (va minimums 25/50 limits and 1000 deduct) ... are you ready for it...

brace yourself...

$356 per year...

WTF??

she asked me if that was lower than what I had already been quoted and I didn't know what to say...

all I could say was "uh... I think you did something wrong.. thats a bit too cheap."

she went back and checked it and said it was right... I verified all the info we had exchanged and went.. "well huh"

put full coverage on both of them at 100/300 limits and 250 deduct and it was only like $900 per year.. extremely strange.

I've never gotten those kick arse deals some of you guys talk about on insurance... NEVER. Not that I shouldn't.. 29 yo, married clean driving record (other than the 1 ticket for like 9 mph over)

ended up liab/comp on the busa and full on the triumph for 100/300 limits, and 250 deduct for a skosh under $600 per year.

I'm flabbergasted.. don't know what to say, or do.. or .. what... i'm at a loss..

haha I bet it comes up atleast double within the next few months and they hike the rates thru the roof.

State Farm: 35, married, just outside Tampa city limits, garage, no PIP (already have health insurance) = $223.00 every 6 months.

see!
mine is cheaper than that for 2 bikes!!!!

it's blowing my mind...

yes they are both mine.. and no I don't have anythign else with them.

I'm tellin ya.. this thing is going to blow up in a few days when they realize they have screwed up.

I had Dairyland back in the 80's and they always gave me a good price. Called when I bought the Busa 2 years ago and they said they wouldn't touch that bike at all.
SF has been great and they've been dropping the premiums each year for me. I'm currently at $300 a year for full coverage and 300K liability with a $1K deductible.

Make sure that Dairyland included uninsured or underinsured on your policy. Too many losers out there running around with state minimums which won't amount to shid if they hit you. For some reason underinsured makes up a big part of my policy, yet the uninsured portion adds very little $$.

yes they are both mine.. and no I don't have anythign else with them.

I'm tellin ya.. this thing is going to blow up in a few days when they realize they have screwed up.
Okay $900 per year for both comes out to $225.00 every 6 months per bike, same as mine, but you may have slightly better coverage...not sure. I declined PIP because I already have health insurance. I have my car with them as well so they know that I ride the Busa simply for recreation, if you can call it that.

Also, they are thinking you can only ride one bike at a time. Still a great deal.

Just remember that Progressive, and some other insurance companies base what you're going to pay on your credit rating as well as driving record and other indicators of risk. So, lots of folks with clean records end up getting crazy quotes simply because of spotty credit or high debt to income ratios.

if anything credit/income debt would help me.. only thing I owe on is just a very little on the triumph (no lien... I did some uh.. home improvements) and the family wagon..

not perfect credit, but above average anyway.

i dunno... I signed up and set it up for 2 payments and paid the first. We'll see what happens when it happens.. it's not gonna suprise me if it doubles or something though.

The lady on the phone was saying something about the hayabusa being a gsxr and having a much higher rating. (duh) and that the triumph wasn't considered high risk or whatever because it wasn't a sport bike according to their rating thing... thats where I'm worried.

the HP to weight ratio between the two is so close you couldn't fit a frogs slimy .. uhh.. well you get the idea... between them... and if that daytona isn't a sports bike... I'm adolph hitlers butler.

I dropped AIG this year too. They raised my rates $50/month, and I have a clean driving record.
mad.gif

I had Dairyland back in the 80's and they always gave me a good price.  Called when I bought the Busa 2 years ago and they said they wouldn't touch that bike at all.
SF has been great and they've been dropping the premiums each year for me.  I'm currently at $300 a year for full coverage and 300K liability with a $1K deductible.

Make sure that Dairyland included uninsured or underinsured on your policy.  Too many losers out there running around with state minimums which won't amount to shid if they hit you.  For some reason underinsured makes up a big part of my policy, yet the uninsured portion adds very little $$.
Damn SF charges me $1200 a year!

I had Dairyland back in the 80's and they always gave me a good price.  Called when I bought the Busa 2 years ago and they said they wouldn't touch that bike at all.
SF has been great and they've been dropping the premiums each year for me.  I'm currently at $300 a year for full coverage and 300K liability with a $1K deductible.

Make sure that Dairyland included uninsured or underinsured on your policy.  Too many losers out there running around with state minimums which won't amount to shid if they hit you.  For some reason underinsured makes up a big part of my policy, yet the uninsured portion adds very little $$.
Up your deductible to $1K and they'll drop your premium by a huge amount.

The way I see it, there's no way in hell I'm going to file a claim when I have less than $1K in damage. It's a small amount and in the long run it'll kill ya when they raise your premiums.

I also have one car and my house insured through SF so that helps too.

The way I see it, there's no way in hell I'm going to file a claim when I have less than $1K in damage.  It's a small amount and in the long run it'll kill ya when they raise your premiums.

I have a $250 deductible plus I have my

truck
car
4 quads
5th wheel
and house

with them.

The way I see it, there's no way in hell I'm going to file a claim when I have less than $1K in damage.  It's a small amount and in the long run it'll kill ya when they raise your premiums.

I have a $250 deductible plus I have my

truck
car
4 quads
5th wheel
and house

with them.
Wow, they must really not like you, Gunny. Switch agents or something...that's horrible. Maybe they saw your bike.
race.gif

Back