Way to go Sturgis!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Dumbazzes...

The South Dakota Department of Public Safety confirmed that the first fatalities at this year's 10-day rally occurred on Monday after three motorbike riders collided on Highway 14A, mile marker 49, three miles west of Sturgis, at around 5:15 p.m. on Monday, August 10.

Officials said a 22-year-old driver of a 2015 Harley Davidson motorcycle traveling westbound on the highway failed to negotiate a curve and crossed the centerline before colliding with two eastbound motorcycles.

The 22-year-old was airlifted to a Rapid City hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. A 55-year-old male driver of an eastbound 2014 Indian Motorcycle was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.

The third rider, a 60-year-old male on a 2005 Harley Davidson, suffered serious non-life-threatening injuries. The South Dakota Department of Public Safety confirmed that none of the riders were wearing helmets at the time.

So far, there have been a total of 28 injuries connected those taking part in the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, 10 more than occurred during the same period at last year's event.

Accidents include a 56-year-old driver who was not wearing a helmet suffering life threatening injuries on Monday after crashing into a ditch and being thrown from his motorcycle on Highway 16A, mile marker 29.

There have also been 64 people arrested on suspicion of DUI, 104 misdemeanor drug arrests and a further 52 felony drug arrests

How many attend?
Half a million?
There's always gonna be fatalities and big trouble with so many drunk and drugged bikers in a confined area I guess.
Personally, I wear protective gear just to keep the bugs and the critters from hitting me in the face and keep the cold and rain off me :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's why surgeons wear them. Because they don't work.
HI I am sorry but they do not work very well for chemical, biological or radioloical. The mask you need is an M50. Go in to a gas chamber like in training in the Army and see how long you can stay in there. The mask they give me for work does not even keep out dust! And you should be decontaminated before you take them off!

HI I am sorry but they do not work very well for chemical, biological or radioloical. The mask you need is an M50. Go in to a gas chamber like in training in the Army and see how long you can stay in there. The mask they give me for work does not even keep out dust! And you should be decontaminated before you take them off!
Good thing we're talking about slowing the spread of a virus, not chemical, biological or radiological warfare then, isn't it?

Good thing we're talking about slowing the spread of a virus, not chemical, biological or radiological warfare then, isn't it?
Hi. Then what is the virus? The size of dust partacals is 2.5 to 10 microns the virus is 200 nonometers nm. well a nonometer is 1000 times smaller. Tell me again which mask you want to have on! The N95 keeps out 95% of particles.,03 microns. Tell me again what mask you want. We all should have the N100 masks.

Back